How to remove MyMetrixLite

p17blo

The stock OpenATV image comes with an installed plugin called MyMetrixLite - I've tried everything I know, bar manually deleted the folder to remove this plugin - I can't even find it in the list of installed plugins.

TIA

I removed it from mine without any problems. Green»red»skins. It removes the skin but not the plugin.

Last edited:
Even kiddac says not to remove the default skin what happens if there's a bug on a slyk1hd skin causing the box to get stuck on boot and you need to ftp to delete it? The box will probably be stuck in bootloop meaning to reflash

Well on vix I have vix night hd and slyk1hd in plugins and in enigma2 folder there's vix night, slyk1hd and default skin but how can you choose the default skin in plugins? Maybe you can try deleting slyk1hd to see if the default skin loads

On open atv I had <Default>, mymetrix hd, & slyk1hd. I removed mymetrix as above & i'm left with <Default> & slyk1hd.

Right... just to clear up a few things in this thread.
Both openatv and openvix come with a default skin that shouldn't be deleted.

They also both come with an image skin. Vix Night on vix and metrix on openatv.

It is 100% safe to delete the bloated Metrix skin and I assume it is ok to delete VIX night (but I am not 100% sure on that, as vix night is pretty much the same as openatv default. So I would leave vix night).

Metrix skin also comes with a full configurator called mymetrixlite which allows you to pretty much change everything and everything on the metrix skin (which if you spend a bit of time faffing with can be quite cool)

So how do you delete them....

First of all delete metrix skin (plugins...remove plugins...skins)

now the fun bit. delete all the extras and mymetrixlite.

FTP - navigate to this folder on your box.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

go in converter folder and delete everything starting MetrixHD (90kb)

go in render folder and again delete everything starting MetrixHD (20k)

now navigate to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

and delete the mymetrixlite folder (275kb)

Fully reboot your box. go into cache flush and do a manual flush.
You just saved yourself half a meg of crap.

And the next time you do a system update you have to do it all again ;)

Thanks for the reply Kiddac, was loosing hope when I scanned down the thread until I got to your response. So It's kind of annoying that you can't remove the mymetrixlite in such a way that it doesn't just reload itself the next time you do an update. I really can't fathom why it doesn't have an option to remove in a cleaner manner. When I get time, I might monitor what's going on a little more.

I'd already removed the skin - I asked about Mymetrixlite; but I didn't ready the thread as posts were posted, only later when I read all responses.

Back