How to see my line on the box.

When you have downloaded the newcamd.list file on to pc to open it and see your line details you need to right click and open with your text editor. If you try double clicking it to open it will try and open with media player.( it does on mine anyway)

right click newcam third thing says view/edit, open it up and write it down. I'm not the best at these things so thats what I do (makes it a lot harder to lose lol ) and then its just a case of the same in reverse when you have flashed to put it back

right click newcam third thing says view/edit, open it up and write it down. I'm not the best at these things so thats what I do (makes it a lot harder to lose lol ) and then its just a case of the same in reverse when you have flashed to put it back
When you have downloaded the newcamd.list file on to pc to open it and see your line details you need to right click and open with your text editor. If you try double clicking it to open it will try and open with media player.( it does on mine anyway)
Thanks a lot mate. All done.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
Does it matter what I flash it with as long as it's modern?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you were using mgcamd on your receiver and not Cccam. If you were using Cccam it would be worth just double checking in the etc folder on your receiver to see if you have a Cccam.cfg file in there, if you were using mgcamd you already have the correct details in newcamd.list. And in answer to flashing question as long as it is an up to date version it won't matter.Plain Atv 6.1 or one of the other builds from downloads on this forum will be ok if from the last month or so just make sure it is specific to your receiver

I take it you were using mgcamd on your receiver and not Cccam. If you were using Cccam it would be worth just double checking in the etc folder on your receiver to see if you have a Cccam.cfg file in there, if you were using mgcamd you already have the correct details in newcamd.list. And in answer to flashing question as long as it is an up to date version it won't matter.Plain Atv 6.1 or one of the other builds from downloads on this forum will be ok if from the last month or so just make sure it is specific to your receiver
Ideal, so I'm looking for a recent build compatible with my box, cheers. Sorry about the mgcam and cccam confusion I didn't understand it at the time. Thanks

Ideal, so I'm looking for a recent build compatible with my box, cheers. Sorry about the mgcam and cccam confusion I didn't understand it at the time. Thanks
Hi mate the best build in my opinion for sombody who like myself who isn't fully conversant with all the different cams, files, etc etc etc is Groggs build erverything is already there including a good tut on how to set it up it will save you time trying to import cams etc .

Hi mate the best build in my opinion for sombody who like myself who isn't fully conversant with all the different cams, files, etc etc etc is Groggs build erverything is already there including a good tut on how to set it up it will save you time trying to import cams etc .
Thanks. Not sure if there's a Griggs build for the star h2, I'll d.load 1 that sounds good and hope for the best - cheers

sorry m8 forgot it was the h2 Andy Mc build works well and is similar (easy) to set up I installed it on a friends night before last works well
Hello I have downloaded the Andy Mc build on a fat32 card. After plugging into rear usb when I turn box on no flash happens and I'm left with the old build I'm trying to replace. Any help welcome. Thanks

I downloaded this just now out of curiosity and the folder structure seems wrong, when you extract the zip file it should contain a folder called zgemma inside this folder should be an sh1 folder which there is, but there is also an additional zgemma folder which I would think is not required. Also inside the sh1 folder one of the bin files is named splash.bin.bin instead of splash.bin. I don't know whether I got a corrupt download but it could go some way to explaining your flashing issue if your download is structured incorrectly as mine is.

I don't have the h2 and don't use any preconfigured builds on my receivers, so can't vouch for a pre-made build. I use open atv 6.1 on one of my boxes and set how I want it from scratch. On the other I use vix but they don't make zgemma images unless you can find an image someone has patched to run on the h2. It may be worth unzipping the Andy mcbuild on your pc opening the zgemma folder it contains and deleting the second zgemma folder inside then going in to the sh1 folder and rename the splash.bin.bin file to splash.bin. Then copy the zgemma folder to a Freshly formatted usb stick, ( format using the tool which can be found here along with instructions) http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/

I don't have the h2 and don't use any preconfigured builds on my receivers, so can't vouch for a pre-made build. I use open atv 6.1 on one of my boxes and set how I want it from scratch. On the other I use vix but they don't make zgemma images unless you can find an image someone has patched to run on the h2. It may be worth unzipping the Andy mcbuild on your pc opening the zgemma folder it contains and deleting the second zgemma folder inside then going in to the sh1 folder and rename the splash.bin.bin file to splash.bin. Then copy the zgemma folder to a Freshly formatted usb stick, ( format using the tool which can be found here along with instructions) http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/
Sorry, am I missing something obvious. Do I need to remove something before installing this build? I've followed the instructions to a T but every time I turn box on to begin flash it simply continues as normal. I hope that makes sense. Thanks

It really should just be a case of formatting using the tool linked to, downloading the image you wish to flash and extract the zip file and then copy the zgemma folder you extracted from the zip on to usb. Some images you have to press button on front of receiver to start flashing others you dont have to press anything. I think there is an issue with the image downloaded and it is not being picked up

It really should just be a case of formatting using the tool linked to, downloading the image you wish to flash and extract the zip file and then copy the zgemma folder you extracted from the zip on to usb. Some images you have to press button on front of receiver to start flashing others you dont have to press anything. I think there is an issue with the image downloaded and it is not being picked up
I completely understand & have followed instructions precisely, I've an n line not due to expire until 24th April but so far have had sellers only interested in me sacrificing that line in order to sell me a new 1, obviously I'm trying to see the next couple months BEFORE replacement. Thanks

I've tried this on a 16gb Kingston aswell as a cheap 2gb card, formatted to fat32. I've tried almost every suitable build from the download section. Still no luck.

Sorry Richard I really don't know what else to suggest, you are doing things correctly so it may be a case of picking up a couple of other usb sticks around 4gb max size to try. I see a lot of people posting about having problems with flashing zgemmas and having to try multiple usb sticks before having any joy. Do you know what software/image your box is running at moment, as some will allow you to do an online or couch flash (not to be confused with a software update which is totally different)

Sorry Richard I really don't know what else to suggest, you are doing things correctly so it may be a case of picking up a couple of other usb sticks around 4gb max size to try. I see a lot of people posting about having problems with flashing zgemmas and having to try multiple usb sticks before having any joy. Do you know what software/image your box is running at moment, as some will allow you to do an online or couch flash (not to be confused with a software update which is totally different)
Openvix

Couch flash won't be possible then as it will be a custom patched image for the zgemma. Vix don't support the zgemma series as you are probably aware of now, hence the reason you can't install plugins like dream explorer which you attempted earlier in this thread. The old zgemma 2s is the only one of my boxes I have problems flashing and only likes either my 4gb imation nano pro or san disk cruzer slice when flashing. When every other image fails to flash I download Openpli 6 I think they do one for the h2, for some reason it works for me and I am then able to reflash to another image afterwards. I download Openpli extract the zip to desktop then open the folders it contains until I find the file it contains called noforce which I then rename to force. I then exit out and either drag and drop the zgemma folder to usb or copy it to usb. I always use the tool above, others also mention hp format tool as working. You could drive yourself mad at times trying to flash when stick after stick is not recognised but eventually one will be picked up.

Couch flash won't be possible then as it will be a custom patched image for the zgemma. Vix don't support the zgemma series as you are probably aware of now, hence the reason you can't install plugins like dream explorer which you attempted earlier in this thread. The old zgemma 2s is the only one of my boxes I have problems flashing and only likes either my 4gb imation nano pro or san disk cruzer slice when flashing. When every other image fails to flash I download Openpli 6 I think they do one for the h2, for some reason it works for me and I am then able to reflash to another image afterwards. I download Openpli extract the zip to desktop then open the folders it contains until I find the file it contains called noforce which I then rename to force. I then exit out and either drag and drop the zgemma folder to usb or copy it to usb. I always use the tool above, others also mention hp format tool as working. You could drive yourself mad at times trying to flash when stick after stick is not recognised but eventually one will be picked up.
I have a feeling that the solution is easy I did reply with vix, because I see openvix every time I try, to be honest I'm confused. I'm told to reflash box with atv 6.1

I have a feeling that the solution is easy I did reply with vix, because I see openvix every time I try, to be honest I'm confused. I'm told to reflash box with openatv 6.1 as the version I have is outdated. I've followed instructions precisely, it seems I'm missing something obvious, sorry.

Atv 6.1 is what most use on the zgemma and is a decent image, more importantly they support the zgemma fully unlike vix. The only vix images are ones that have been patched which your zgemma has at the moment ( this is fine up to a point but when issues arise you cannot update). The reason I suggest openpli is for some reason it will flash on my zgemma when other images don't. Once flashing is successful I seem to have more success in flashing atv afterwards.

Back