How to set up?

champion9

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a step by step guide on how to set these boxes up with Open Vix and the sly hd skin? I have had a look around the forums but unable to find anything....hopefully I have not missed something really obvious.

Thanks in advance!

hi guys,im thinkin of gettin a zgemma star s2,i currently get my clines off a great server with no freeze or glitches for my skybox f5s,but i do not know how to put in the clines in the zgemma star s2 box,anyone got any ideas,do i ask my server for mgcam or clines or what,please help,i dont want to buy a box off ebay with 12 months gift that freezes an glitches all the time.pm me if u like

Hi m8 ,these boxes are great ive just moved from a openbox v5 ,its a twin tuner , record while watching another (you will need a external H/Drive ) Im running sucmnsees 153 vix all info in downloads section plenty of advice on this site if you get stuck . if your not familiar with FTP then someone will be along to help you like they helped me , Got mine from mobi-shop cheaper than e*ay.
regards

U can run ur CCcam.cfg on these no probs when u first get it. Then worry about perfect way later.
you'll need an ftp program on pc to send over ur router to the box. I find dreambox control centre best. SSimple with steps

Google dreambox control centre.
download to pc and install.
open it.
middle right of screen click search
new window click search
wait untill u c ur box ip address is found
dbl click the ip address of box
window disappears
click reconnect
should say telnet, ftp, enigma 2 connected
bottom left click ftp
opens window.
left pane is box
right pane is pc.
find ur CCcam.cfg in right panel wherever on ur pc.
dbl click etc folder in left pane
single click ur CCcam.cfg in right pane
click arrow in middle pointing left
yes to replace

The rest depends on what box software image u want to run. But loads of people here to help

Last edited:
Sounds great mate.I don't have a ccam.cfg.I just have 3 clines that my server sent me that I manually put in my skybox f5s.will the dreambox software work on zgemma star s2 as well.so it's basically just a matter of gettin my clines in a ccam.cfg an copying it onto the zgemma box through my pc.

Almost. U have to download a plugin on box and turn it on. All with remote just. 2min job

---------- Post Merged at 01:56 AM ----------

Strange a server sending 3clines these days. Ask him for a CCcam.cfg file already created.

My box should be arriving today...

So it's a case of downloading the Vix open image, installing that and then FTP the CCcam.cfg file to the box?

Or is it the other way around?

Also, just wondering - for the EPG you set that up later, can that all be set to the external HDD? As I have read that some people use the back port to flash and the front one for the HDD? Can I just use the HDD at the back port and have the EPG on that, or is it because you can keep the usb stick in the back and have the HDD on and off?

what plugin u on about friend.cheers mate,seein on ebay hre there zgemma boxes with sky skin image already on them so all ill have to do is put on the ccam.cfg,am i right

---------- Post Merged at 08:08 AM ----------

i see the box zgemma star s2 im looking comes with OpenVIX Apollo Image Build 129,where is the best place to find this if anyone knows so i cann maybe install it myself,thanks people for the help

Is that for me Gindo?

Mine is just bare bones box, wanted to run open Vix that sucmnsee post up?

Will I need to turn updated off? Will that not stop the channels updating

Hi Welshred , I do believe if you use sucmnsees 153 vix its already turned off , and no it wont stop channels updating , all info on sucmnsees vix is on the download section .

Yes m8 you can, but if you are just getting used to box sucmnsees 153 vix is a good starting point then you can play with things and make sure before you do anything do a backup of it . there is plenty advice on here , just have a look under zgemma star 2s page

Thanks Gindo, once the box is up and running with the CCcam etc is that when you make a backup?

Also is it straight forward making a backup! Just want to prepare myself for the arrival today :)

Excited much! Lol

yes ,once you think its running how you like then you can make a backup ,On your control its Menu/ Setup/ Vix then you will see backup manager just use that. I think it will come with openatv installed on it you can make a back up of that so if anything goes wrong you will still have original setup.

Last edited:
thanks guys for all the info,sounds alot to do compared to my wee openbox f5s lol,but once i get it started ill be flying,just have to wait to next fridayto get paid lol,good luck welshred with your box the day mate,

Back