How to Setup Mgcamd on TM800HD?

I'm just wandering how to have the option to setup Mgcamd so I can run my Nline on the TM 800 Hd.

I know how to ftp it over it's just the newcamd.list and mg.cfg isn't present in the usr/keys directory.

Do I need to need to add the mgcamd plugin to the box, if so how, or can I just ftp new files (newcamd.list and mg.cfg) over into the usr/keys and it will work?

Any help would be appreaciated, cheers!

I'm just wandering how to have the option to setup Mgcamd so I can run my Nline on the TM 800 Hd.

I know how to ftp it over it's just the newcamd.list and mg.cfg isn't present in the usr/keys directory.

Do I need to need to add the mgcamd plugin to the box, if so how, or can I just ftp new files (newcamd.list and mg.cfg) over into the usr/keys and it will work?

Any help would be appreaciated, cheers!
I'm just wondering if this guy got sorted cos I've got a customer wanting to know something similiar. He has a Technomate, no idea what model but his prevous lines have been Cline. He also wants to install Mgcamd to get his newcamd to run but unsure how to set it up.
Will it be in the plugin settings & just a case of install & run or does he need to do some leg work & go looking for somewhere?

All help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks very much :grin:

Technomate produce 2 types of receiver a closed source variety which you cannot access and Linux Enigma2 variety which is exactly the same as ll the other E2 receivers.

Which type does your customer have

hi m8, tbh I have no idea. All I knoiw it her son built it for her. Have been looking on my plugin settings on my zgemma single tuner. I've downloaded the latest plugins on my box to see what is available. I would of thought it would of been the same kind of setup by just installing from his plugin menu as long as the mgcamd plugin is available.

All this is kinda new to me, I've only been doing this since September. I gotta lot to learn i think :fartlight:

I feel your best option first is to get the exact model number of the technomate he has as you previously stated
He has a Technomate, no idea what model

Like i say they produce both linux enigma2 receivers and closed source so at the moment your working blind without the exact model number

Hi, update.... it's a linux box, something someone biult but have no more idea to it's spec

sorry :(

when you say its what someones built to me i take that as built from scratch ie: like you would do a computer add components and then an OS for it to work.

Technomate do not produce any build yourself systems they have Linux enigma2 receivers like every other manufacturer Vu+,Gigablue,Miraclebox,Zgemma etc.. which you flash an image and personalise it yourself with added plugins

Here is a lit of the old to new Technomate Linux receivers:

TM800HD - No Longer supported

TM-Twin-OE - similar to a VU Duo
TM-Nano-OE - single tuner receiver very smilar to TM-Twin
TM-Single-OE
TM-2T-OE
TM-Nano-2T
TM-Nano2-super - similar to the Vu Solo2
TM-Nano-SE - Similar to the newer Zgemmas H.S
TM-Nano-SE M2 - same as above but can take internal 2.5" hard drive
TM-Nano-SE Combo - same as Zgemma with combo tuners H.2H
TM-Nano-SE Plus - same as above with plug and play tuner
TM-Nano-3T - same as Solo2 with added cable tuner

can only be one of the above

Thanks for the help. much appreciated. Think we have got it sussed now. Installed the mgcamd software from the download plugin section on the box. Added the mg-cfg file & the new line via ftp. Think it's up n running now fingerz crossed. Thanks again :grin:

Asfor the technomate, seems like there has been some crossed wires somewhere along the lines. The customer told me her son built it for her. Turns out haveing spoken with her son it's something she purchased off the cuff. He said it has the orginal vix image in it something he's not familiar with apparantly.

Anyways, jobs a gud un..... all sorted now :) :) :)

Back