how to setup vu solo and duo vix image

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
1. download the latest vix image. then format a usb stick to fat32 and put the image onto your usb
2. turn off your sat box and place the usb into the front usb. let it do its thing until you get flashing green lights. then remove the usb and restart your sat box
3. follow the on screen setup however, when it asks you to do a channel scan say "NO DO A MANUAL SCAN LATER" and continue with the setup
4. goto MENU/SETUP/SERVICE SEARCHING/AUTOBOQUETS/PROVIDERS and just select sky uk make sure you save and go down to start scan . this will take about 90 seconds and all you boquets and channels will be ready if you want to you can configure it to do a scan evrey day to keep your channel list up to date.
5. now goto your pc and download a program called filezilla it is free
6 now we need to find the ip adress of your sat box this can be done in two ways
a) you can look at the network settings on your pc
b) on your sat box MENU/SYSTEM/NETWORK/DEVICE SETUP/ADAPTER SETTINGS. and it will be under current settings.
7. now we are going to add the magic. goto your pc and open filezilla type in your boxes ip adress then password which is "root" on the right hand side hit var/etc and drag your Cccam.cfg file there
8. now you need to download your softcam i use Cccam 2.13 however there are newer ones then go back to filezilla and place it in the Tmp folder. now goto your sat box and hit menu/setup/vix/install local ext then just hit the green button to install the next thing you have to do is start your softcam just hit menu/softcam ci/softcam manager and just hit the green to start the camm then make sure you tick the bit to enable on start up then hit save and you are done. you should be able to see all your channels now.
9. now we need to setup your 7 day epg just reformat your usb to fat32. now place the usb into the rear point of your sat box now menu/setup/vix/mountmanager hit the green button to setup mount then create a path to media/usb using the right arrow on your control. then hit MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/EPG/CROSS EPG/CONFIGURE. then just use these settings
a) scheduled download = daily
b? scheduled download at = the time you want to update the epg.
then click the green button and save. then goto MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/EPG/CROSSPEG EPG/OPEN TV PROVUDERS. and click 28.2e and save then download from now on your 7 day epg will update itself
10 installing rats picon updater will make your tv guide look cool. download rats picon updater. install this the same way as you did your softcam in point 8 create a folder on your deaktop and call it "picon" then using filezilla drag it to media/usb. now all you have to do is goto menu/plugins on your box and hit rats picon updater and let it do its thing. once it has complted reboot your box . hit the epg button and see your new guide.

if you have any questions just ask . there is a cool plugin i use called on demand just hit menu/plugins /download /extentions and look for hit the download button and you will get ITV player, BBC iplayer and a few others.
you may also need to create a swap file on your usb the first thing you will need to do is download vu control centre. and just google how to create a manual swap file.
hope this has helped you all out. the vu duo is set up the same way just remember you have to set up both tuners .
for the vu duo only. you may need to dowmload cache flush in the plugins menu as they can suffer memory leaks.
another good plugin is TS media watch the latest films streamed stright to your box for free.

Last edited:
one thing i dont like with big usb sticking out the back if you have plenty of cables they might catch in the usb,i use micro usb in rear of boxes.

HTML:
http://s0.static.mymemory.co.uk/images/product_shots/large_41708_1347899290.jpg

Last edited:
you should of done this on setup. it will be in the setup option somwhere i cannot remember

great thanks ill have a look,

Do you know a good place to download some plugs ins, i.e 1channel, dns updater, TS Media, Picons?

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 AM ----------

Also one other thing what, format should the Hard drive be and will it hold the EPG instead of a USB

they are all on the image. menu/plugins then hit the download button. the stuff you want will be extenions

Hi awesome guide.

Will go through this tomorrow as bix just arrived today.

At what stage do I apply a skin? Do I do this as a very last step?

Soooo excited.

Thanks

hi i installed kodi direct from the extension and loaded genisis. Cant play any movies from there...... any ideas?

i have downloaded kodi direct on my vu solo2 also downloaded phoneix but cant seem to load movies any ideas?
The same with showbox . have downloaded showbox but cant play any movies

Back