how to use 2 virgin hub routers from one cable line for my sky box?

k13

I have a cable line going from the lounge to the shed via a splitter. Lounge has own router where i watch the virgin tv.

I have bought another superhub virgn router from ebay and i cannot get internet in shed from the new router for the sky channels?

I have used the old router in the shed and i get internet form it but when i use the new router in the lounge and shed there is no internet.

Why is this?

Last edited:
I wont let me connect via home plug because i am running a seperate armoured cable to the shed with seperate consumer unit. different circuit.

The only way your going to be able to use the new router is to inform virgin media that you want to change the router to a new virgin media router. This way they will register the new router to their system and it will work HOWEVER I'm not sure if they will allow you to have two routers running at the same property at the same time. They might register the new router and delete the old router's mac address, this way only the new one will work.

EDIT: I think you can use more than one router, I remember an engineer telling me its possible. Just come up with a good excuse ;)

Last edited:
no chance wont put any routers that have been puchased of ebay or any where else except of them and 2 routers will not run on virgin media

Back