jolly3434

Hi all,
i have or had a Huwaei Mate 20pro for the last 4 years, until last week, it just went dead, would not power on even when it was plugged in, tried different cables, no luck,
sent it off to be fix, hoping it would be just the battery that went suddenly dead, but today picked up phone to be told un-repairable, as the 'insistor' or 'transistor' something like that had burned out and no parts to replace or fix it anymore.
Gutted as it was a great phone and loved it.
Now i was wondering if i damaged the phone by charging at night time while sleeping and it was too much charge?
As i had started to charge mobile, tablets at night at cheaper electric 'economy 7' using a smart plug 'meross tpye' to come on at 4am till 7am.
Should i be using a surge protector socket at night to charge electronics? or not charge them anymore at night?
I have always use official chargers and cables.
Remove the case when charging overnight.
Avoid letting my phone battery completely discharge.
Never use fast charging.

What do you do when charging electronics?

Got my self a Poco m5s and don't want to charge or damage this one, if over charging cause the other one to break.

Thank you for any advice.

I've got a oneplus 8t 5g, it has some smart charging feature where if I plug it in late at night it sends a notification saying it's suspended charging till the morning but it'll be fully charged by 7.30am, Poco phones probably have something similar.

Mobiles, tablets etc don't cost that much to charge anyway so any savings you're making by charging when the electricity is cheaper are probably negligible.

I've got a oneplus 8t 5g, it has some smart charging feature where if I plug it in late at night it sends a notification saying it's suspended charging till the morning but it'll be fully charged by 7.30am, Poco phones probably have something similar.

Mobiles, tablets etc don't cost that much to charge anyway so any savings you're making by charging when the electricity is cheaper are probably negligible.
Thank you for the reply's, yes will probably just charge them during the day , safer :-)

I put my iPhone on charge at night and no soon as gets to 80% it will stop charging till around 5am then continue charging.
My tablet I charge through day only if needs charging but I find have power saving mode on all devices dosnt put strain on the batteries

Back