I am planning to set up a satellite TV system with 4 dishes and a Unicable switch

alemabed

I am planning to set up a satellite TV system with 4 dishes and a Unicable switch to resolve a frequency conflict issue. I am considering purchasing 4 LNB Unicable SCRs, but I am not sure if they will work with my setup.

I have encountered an issue where certain channels disappear when recording other channels due to frequency conflicts. I believe that using LNB Unicable SCRs and a Unicable switch will allow me to record multiple channels simultaneously without these conflicts.

I am not sure if I need single-port or dual-port LNBs, and I also am not sure what kind of Unicable switch I need. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide on selecting the appropriate components and setting up the system correctly.

My Device is VU+ ULTIMO 4K
thanks

I believe that using LNB Unicable SCRs and a Unicable switch will allow me to record multiple channels simultaneously without these conflicts.
You do not use UnIcable switches and Unicable LNBs. You either use:
Multiple programmable LNBs and a combiner
Multi-positional Unicable/Jess switch with the appropriate LNBs. Some take quattro only, some take wideband, some take quad, some take anything.
Apparently there is a way to use diseqc switches. But the diseqc switch will be your limiting factor. I don't know how to do this, so best to ask on a forum where someone has described the usage of diseqc switches with unicable.

I am not sure if I need single-port or dual-port LNBs,
Uni = One
All unicable LNBs are one port. Where you get LNBs with multiple LNBs, the other ports are universal ports.

This can cost you a lot of money. It may be possible for you to do things differently to what you planned/thought. The ultimo 4k will take two FBC cards, and a old style twin tuner card. This can mean maximum of 6 connection points which could be cheaper depending on your requirements.

You have not described the physical hardware you are using, nor have you described the tuner configuration you have selected. Please provide these details, preferably with a diagram/picture so we can better understand what you have and the problems you are experiencing.

Back