I have a problem

the reaper

VIP Member
A client bought a box back from his trip to China. Model Dingsu CBIN H9 metal box [great name]
The box is not satellite but is android---manage to connect to my pc as media centre and get access to pics, vids, and music but there are no loaded apps.
I want to be able to load google playstore etc. I downloaded the APK file to usb but wouldn't load.
I honestly do not have a clue as these boxes [android] are total mystery to me.
Any help from you brainiacs would be sincerely appreciated.
Reaper.

Have you enabled 'unknown sources' in security settings?
I think you can also install via adb but I'm no expert either.

Try this if you can locate settings etc?

• Select Settings
  • Select System
  • Select Developer Options
  • Select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn ON & Select ADB Debugging & turn ON

If you transferred the apk into a folder while having the cable plugged into the pc once disconnected use es file explorer and browse to the folder the apk was placed and install it.

if your looking to install anything that requires your device to be rooted use king root its an all in one apk just install and it will root the device for you no messin about

i have king root and few other apks that might be of use to you if you need them

Hi Reaper,Sorry I can't help with your box but if it helps I have tried most of the android boxes over the years and the problem with most of them is that the support sucks.In my experience the amazon fire box (not stick)works perfectly and with kodi installed you can get any app you need.Also it supports Android 5 and above which most of the cheaper boxes don't support and you can add external storage so it makes it a great media centre.

Thanks for the shouts--we have worked out that this is a simple Chinese android box set up by CIBN [China Internet Broadcast Network] and basically set as a media box for pc-----it connects to pc/laptop to play films etc on tv but only those downloaded or streaming from CIBN. You cannot add KODI or apps to it unless connected to authorized downloader.
He won't be buying from them again. LOL
Reaper.

Back