I made a bad choice of sat box

Hey all, I recently decided to go for it and after thinking I'd researched well I bought a TM-8000 HD. It was nothing but trouble really. Generally good but no 7 day epg regardless of what I did and my wife couldn't get on with it at all... So I've sent it back anyway. I'm now thinking of going for the vu+ duo and want to know if it really does offer everything I'm looking for before I buy it. From what I've seen it does seem to but there might be more to it.

I need a 7 day epg for 28.2 UK, to be able to record and series record (I know there's some plug ins that can make this almost possible), I want to be able to rewind etc at any time the program I'm watching. The TM-8000 didn't do this even with pvr set up and it was annoying to say the least. I also if possible would like to have on demand stuff on the box. I do have a 360 so it's not too much of an issue but it would be awesome to be able to only switch that on for COD every now and then.....

Anyway I appreciate the help in advance, cheers guys.... Oh and anyone wanting to know about a good cccam server PM me, the guy I use is very good and just starting out so I want to help his rep a little :)

VU+ duo would do what you need it to mate.

There are loads of plugins available to.

The Solo2 clones are looking really good at the moment also and this would do what you want it to do plus these have better specs than the Duo.
Stay away from the Duo clones as i've had nothing but bad look with them but I have just got myself a Solo2.

Looking about £200 - £220 for original VU+Duo or for the clone Solo2 about £160 delievered.

Hey thanks. So would you say that the Solo2 did everything that the Duo does? Just want to be sure is all. Looking around there seemed to be more info on the Duo but I suppose that could just be where it's a little older.

---------- Post Merged at 03:35 PM ----------

The next question is where do I go about buying either a Duo or Solo2 Clone or otherwise for under £200?

Thanks guys. Not sure about that site though, trustpilot reviews for it are very hit and miss, but I'll have a good look about now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

if you buy a clone you cannot use latest release of images due to anti clone drivers,my advice if you want a vu go original from wos.

Yeh that's what I'm thinking really. I want to try and stay under the £200 Mark really but the solo2 is very tempting....

Lol easier said then done I'm afraid. I need to either hope a cheap origional solo2 or bite the bullet and go for the old boy duo.

if you buy a clone you cannot use latest release of images due to anti clone drivers,my advice if you want a vu go original from wos.

This is not true mate. You can indeed use the latest images...well the images that are current now. Whether this will change on the next round of images is another matter but at present it is possible.

OK so I went against all reasonable logic once again. I've ordered a TM-Nano-2T pre-installed with Vix image. My reasoning is that the hardware is the same as the Duo only with more ram and it's a newer box. So I'm hoping it was a good choice. I will review the box once I get it up and running.

As long as it caters for your needs then you'll be happy.
I've had my new box running for a few days now and must say its pretty sweet!

Back