I need help!!!

Yes, that's correct... cable tuners are available on eBay for about £25-£30 so you replace that, re-flash with Wooshbuild for the H2.H model, add your VM line (Sub) and away you go.

Only real way to test would be to hook up a box... what area are you in - maybe a member lives local who would be willing to bring their box to you?

Yes, that's correct... cable tuners are available on eBay for about £25-£30 so you replace that, re-flash with Wooshbuild for the H2.H model, add your VM line (Sub) and away you go.

Only real way to test would be to hook up a box... what area are you in - maybe a member lives local who would be willing to bring their box to you?
Ok so what would i type in to find one of these tuners and I live just north of Birmingham if anyone is nearby.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZGEMMA-H-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I done one recently and it was straight forward, including the time took to strip down the H2.S, replace tuner, build it back up and flash it and get it working was around half an hour in total.

DGI8l7h.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZGEMMA-H-2H-REPLACEMENT-CABLE-TUNER-FIX-TUNE-FAILED-ERROR-REPAIR-ZGEMMA/182677249641?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I done one recently and it was straight forward, including the time took to strip down the H2.S, replace tuner, build it back up and flash it and get it working was around half an hour in total.

DGI8l7h.jpg
Ok so it's not to difficult then thanks for all your help I might pick one up and get it done as there not far from me. Do you know that if I get a VM box all working if I will get the fight on Saturday not a deal breaker tho.

If the line (sub) provider orders it then you should get it and as it's a major ppv, i'm guessing you'll get it.

One thing that the add mentions which is worth checking on your box is "ALSO CHECK YOUR MAIN BOARD HAS A TUNER THAT SLOTS OUT AND NOT A TUNER THAT IS FULL SOLDERED IN"

I'm not sure if there's a revised H2.S that has a fully soldered tuner - never encountered one but it's worth quickly checking prior to ordering ;)

There's a request thread on here - when you're ready for a line, request a test in that thread... tests usually only last for 24 hours so only test 1 at a time. Test a few over the course of a few days and see which is best and take a month sub with the best one to see how it performs over the longer (month) period then go from there :)

There's a request thread on here - when you're ready for a line, request a test in that thread... tests usually only last for 24 hours so only test 1 at a time. Test a few over the course of a few days and see which is best and take a month sub with the best one to see how it performs over the longer (month) period then go from there :)
Ok thanks again mate I will do that the only problem is that all this has stopped me from doing what I was supposed to be doing to lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZGEMMA-H-2H-REPLACEMENT-CABLE-TUNER-FIX-TUNE-FAILED-ERROR-REPAIR-ZGEMMA/182677249641?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

DGI8l7h.jpg
Hey ste is it just the one tab underneath that you have to unsolder or do you have to unsolder the connection block on the end

Just that one little tab - the connection block at the end just wiggles out with a bit of persuasion.

I'm not sure if there's a revised H2.S that has a fully soldered tuner - never encountered one but it's worth quickly checking prior to ordering ;)

Both my H2S's have a fully soldered tuner. I think they're the earlier ones from around December 2015.

Reactions: ste
chances are the vm feed is still live, you wont really know till you test. IPTV approx £50 ??? any build that's works with that box should be fine.

I had virgin broadband until earlier this year so I tested recently (H2H) but couldnt get anything to come through. I assumed the connection was dead, and thought this must be the norm. After your comment I'm wondering whether there might have been an issue with the sub i purchased instead? Even if that was the issue, would there be another way I could have tested whether the line had been cut off or not? i.e. any other way apart from seeing whether the channels come on or not

I had virgin broadband until earlier this year so I tested recently (H2H) but couldnt get anything to come through. I assumed the connection was dead, and thought this must be the norm. After your comment I'm wondering whether there might have been an issue with the sub i purchased instead? Even if that was the issue, would there be another way I could have tested whether the line had been cut off or not? i.e. any other way apart from seeing whether the channels come on or not

you don't actually need internet to test, just a box with a dvb-c setup, do a service scan for your area and see if it pulls any channels in. if so your feed is live.

Would it be possible to do that to a star 2s what you've done mate

No, I don't think so. The tuners on eBay are for H2.S / H2.H models only - I also think tuners on the Star-2s are fully soldered onto the board too.

More than likely just a setup / configuration issue. You would only get channels 1-5 (SD only) without a line / internet on the box though.

If you know a friend / relative / neighbour with any VM equipment and you're able to borrow it, plug it in at your house and if it works, there's your confirmation.

No, I don't think so. The tuners on eBay are for H2.S / H2.H models only - I also think tuners on the Star-2s are fully soldered onto the board too.
OK thanks mate just wondering as mother in law had a star 2s and have got vermin bb so I thought that it might have been possible

Reactions: ste
Back