I need help!!!

Ste, Southsimon, thank you both for your help, very much appreciated - I'll try again with a new box!

No problem - plenty of useful info in the cable receiver faq and the h2.h setup guides in my sig for you to peruse also ;)

No problem - plenty of useful info in the cable receiver faq and the h2.h setup guides in my sig for you to peruse also ;)

I've tried again with a H5.2TC, following your guide to the letter, but I'm getting the same error - "Tuning Failed Fatal". Tuner A is not configured, B & C are using the network ID 40961 which is Keighley (we're Ilkley which is 5 miles away). I've got the right F-RF connector and it's going into the correct cable input. Any ideas on where I could be going wrong? I have vm BB until 6 months ago so sounds like its likely to still be live

Have you set V*rgin UK to yes in Autobouquetsmaker and put your area in there also?

It's not impossible for your connection to be disconnected - rarely happens but I have seen it where a VM installer can't be bothered running another cable to another property so steals it.

Have you set V*rgin UK to yes in Autobouquetsmaker and put your area in there also?

It's not impossible for your connection to be disconnected - rarely happens but I have seen it where a VM installer can't be bothered running another cable to another property so steals it.

Virgin is set to yes and area set as 40961 - same as the tuner configurations. I'm starting to think it must be disconnected. Very odd though - we're a group of three properties with not much else close, and the other two have VM BB hooked up and running

Are you friendly with any of them? ... maybe they would let you try the box in their house.

Are you friendly with any of them? ... maybe they would let you try the box in their house.

Friendly but both are quite old. The age where if I asked them they'd think I was trying to bug their house or something

I've tried with two boxes now so I guess unless I'm doing something really stupid it must have been disconnected

Would I be right in saying the box doesnt have to be connected to the internet when scanning? I'm just trying to get channels 1-5 (or anything picked up on the scan) to show the connection is live, before sorting a line etc

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct - 1-5 (SD only) will work without internet.

I'm sure if you took them a box of biscuits and politely asked them would they mind if you tried your virgin tv box on their connection as it isn't working in yours and you want to know if it's a problem with the box or if to call out V*rgin, they should be accommodating... if any of them have a TV box too, you could check to confirm the net id is 100% correct :)

What town are you exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct - 1-5 (SD only) will work without internet.

I'm sure if you took them a box of biscuits and politely asked them would they mind if you tried your virgin tv box on their connection as it isn't working in yours and you want to know if it's a problem with the box or if to call out V*rgin, they should be accommodating... if any of them have a TV box too, you could check to confirm the net id is 100% correct :)

Haha, when you put it like that how could I fail! I'll have a think and decide whether it's worth a shot. If I got the net ID wrong would the whole thing fail like it is? I'm fairly sure it's correct, and if not very close, so thought it would pick up either way? Thanks for all your help

Usually, you would get some channels to be fair - even if the net id was a little off.

Tuning failed fatal usually comes up when the tuner can't read any data at all... the only time i've encountered that message is when I have forgot to set satellite tuner to not configured or forgot to press save once i've done it so it's tried to scan satellite without a cable being in there and given that error.

Back