I phone locked

uggy

Hi

Is it possible to unlock an iPhone to access the phone not reset it,

A family member has died we have death certificate but the Apple shop say we need proof of purchase and a receipt, obviously we haven't got.

Can anyone advise me what I could do please or if it's even possible without proof of purchase.

Thanks Ug

Yes maybe so, but lots of people have their iphone synced to pc, do you know it was def never synced to a pc, otherwise you are probably cooked
So that will be a case of plugging it in via data cable and seeing if it pops up then ?

That won’t work as you would need to unlock the phone to allow access to it on a computer, it won’t be visible until you unlock it.

Should be ok if already been synced
The first time you connect a pass-code-protected iPhone to a computer, iTunes asks you to unlock the phone to prove it's really yours. If you want iTunes to stop prompting you, sync the iPhone to your computer. Once you complete the first sync, iTunes stops bugging you about the pass code. If you forgot your pass code without ever having synced your iPhone, the only way to access the phone in iTunes is through a factory restore.

Back