I prefered the old site.

The upgrade is not even finished yet.
Give the guys a chance to get everything up and running.
A change of forum software and porting across a database the size this forum must have is no easy task so just have a little patience while they put all the pieces back together

Not something I would want to take on if given the choice either, a massive task and as we still have old posts HT has done a great job..

What isn't liked by people is change. I don't like change but websites have to move with the sway of the internet and the days of the old style forums should be a thing of the past. Everything is media, social, twits, I mean tweets and sharing your bodily functions with everyone. Old style sites will all have to move at some point.

Something else which causes change are things users don't see and that is what software is running on the website server. As newer versions of that software is installed, older methods are removed, when they remove the version of the method you are using the website stops working, so site admins need to be ahead of this.

I like the new site, it is just different, but in keeping with the rest of the net.

Hi All, been on holiday while getting a new look and have come back can't find my posts , it most probabley is me or have they been deleted???

don't worry,it was me!!!!

found them under " your content"

cheers

Last edited:
things move forward, slicker , faster, more user friendly, i like the new look, the only thing that bugs me is the logo o_O, i just think the "crown" would look better on the "k" , that's just me though , nowts a bother :(y):

king.png
after all, it is the KING of sites :(y):

Last edited:
I like it a lot! The old one was fine but looked a bit outdated and boring.
Should say I mainly use mobile though so can't really comment on the desktop use.

Spot on this mobile friendly setup/layout better than the old one mi thinks it's just like the ares project forum

Back