i reboot the laptop it shuts down

celticfc

TK Veteran
Hi i have a dell latitude E6510 and every time i reboot the laptop it shuts down and wont reboot ,i have to press power button to start up again . i have tried the power options but still the same , does anyone have any ideas please
ps
running win7 64bit
never had this prob. before
thanx again

found this

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

found this

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

hi cactikid thanx for info .
I have recenty been havuing probs. with my wireless network card , i think is related to my 1st post,
Randomly my wireless card disapeares from my device manager and when i try to reinstall it device manager wont recognise it , i have to "add legacy device and when it installs the driver it wont LOAD the driver error (code 31) then randomly again it will appear just as it disapeared , all working ok then it will disapear again without notice ,
when it works ok thats when laptop wont reboot but when it disappears laptop reboots ok , confusion,? but as said it wont load driver (code 31) tried deleting driver from device manager , i think it must be a driver issue , , installed wont reboot uninstalled will reboot
do u know where / how to make sure registry files relating to driver are all deleted and no duplicates or corruption .
thanx again

not sure on that but deleting registry could be removing other stuff causing problems,do you have a restore point on pc when it worked last?
on my other laptop i bought a driver update for xp lol.
can you use a lan cable and switch wifi off,or reboot any wifi router to see if any bugs stored as mine would switch connections.

thought there mybe duplicate files in registry causing conflict ,its been happening for awhile think a deleted all restore points ,using lan now runs ok, im on dell website now but the drivers the same
biot confusing aint it

Back