if sky cardsharing goes down - does the virgin feed get affected?

wakkaday

i have a h2h box currently set up with sky and i am having issues with the server so i am thinking of migrating over to virgin

does that work in the same way? i put in the virgin cable and load a file cccam type of thing? is there a guide

thank you

ok cool i think i need a connector to connect my cable feed to a h2h box. is there a type i need?
is it simple to set up a virgin feed? is it similar to sky as in a cam or newcam file etc
also i have whooshbuild running

thanks

With the problems with Sly at the moment I have purchased a H2H so I'm ready if completely lose Sly.

Obviously it has one tuner, at present I'm using a Sly Sub but would will be looking to purchase a VM sub.

I have VM broadband but the router is in a different room to the H2S. Do I need to run a cable from the router to the H2S as its between two rooms?

i need a splitter and the f type coax thats fine

what is the virgin status with channels. are they likely to cut them off - how much should i be expected to pay
is there an image i need to load on the box to run the virgin channels.

thanks

i need a splitter and the f type coax thats fine

what is the virgin status with channels. are they likely to cut them off - how much should i be expected to pay
is there an image i need to load on the box to run the virgin channels.

thanks

The only thing you need on really is a softcam and autobouquetmaker (you don't need that, but it does make it easier :)
OpenATV you will need to manually add the softcam. I would expect you to spend up to £30.
It clears all V channels inc HD - S only in SD. I currently have a couple of lines in one for Cable and one for Sat. for maximum choice

As for cutting them of, you pays your money you takes your chance. I've been playing with this sort of stuff since the early 90's and bought the next greatest channel clearer and got a month out of it. then again ive bought a box and got 3 years of great TV.
So you have to accept it as a bonus whilst it is there.

Are the Vermin channels still unaffected so SSN, box office etc are all working? Looking to get a VM sub
That's right, although something may be up with SSBO; on the night of Wrestlemania it stopped working half way through for some of us... still undetermined why

I currently have a h2s but have vm broadband with my broadband deal I have a TiVo plugged in with there basic package although I've never even had it turned on for about 6 months :)

Anyway the point of my question is do I just unplug that cable that is in the TiVo and plug that into a h2h if I was buy one? I don't think the sky channels are gonna come back so I'm looking at my options

One last question is there not a box that does watch one channel and record another if I were to switch to a cable box?

that is correct, just plug the cable into the cable box.

boxes are available that does that as well mate

I currently have a h2s but have vm broadband with my broadband deal I have a TiVo plugged in with there basic package although I've never even had it turned on for about 6 months :)

Anyway the point of my question is do I just unplug that cable that is in the TiVo and plug that into a h2h if I was buy one? I don't think the sky channels are gonna come back so I'm looking at my options

One last question is there not a box that does watch one channel and record another if I were to switch to a cable box?

If you have 2 sat feeds and a live cable feed, you could buy a triple tuner box like amiko alien 2+

Or

You could keep your current Zgemma H2s and add an extra usb cable tuner onto the box i have one on up in the sales section..

Easy to install and setup.

You just have to download the plugin for the usb tuner to add the driver and then you'd have 2 sat and cable on the H2s.

Back