If you factory reset, Do you lose your Vix image?

Thanks for the reply
I am currently selling this item and i want to delete all my data but leave the vix image on.

How do i do this?

No you don't on an official VIX image, I just takes you back to setup wizard. It's a misleading term.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Yes. So does your line though! and mind it doesn't touch external storage or internal hdd so erase anything personal manually. A reflash is safer if selling on.

No you don't, it just takes you back to set up wizard as bangord30 has already posted :grin:
When I wanted to factory reset on mine I was told it would completely wipe everything clean off it from my supplier so I just took as tho everything I would loose that's why I posted you would loose everything sorry Stan11 if that was wrong advice just advising what I was told

So what does Flashing it mean?
I am never flashed the box before. As i am going to sell it what does flashing do?

So what does Flashing it mean?
I am never flashed the box before. As i am going to sell it what does flashing do?
In my opinion it refllashes the image and software on it like with a zgemma say you have ipab image on and don't want that on you reflash with a different image say wooshbuild and the new image and software goes onto the box and replaces the old with the new if you get what I mean

What box we talking about here anyway? Reflash just installs a clean image.

If it's a Zgemma a factory reset isn't even recommended full stop.

Do you have internal HDD?

What box we talking about here anyway? Reflash just installs a clean image.

If it's a Zgemma a factory reset isn't even recommended full stop.

Do you have internal HDD?

Hes using a vu+box a gave zgemma as an example when reflashing for if you wanted to change image mate as he didn't know what reflashed meant

Just re flash it will whip the box no need to factory reset plus you can sell it as latest image installed.

Factory reset is a stupid function on enigma2 regardless of the box or image

Back