Im a newb, cross EPG / usb help required

Hi Chaps

First post so please be gentle.

Just got my zgemma from the site in the last couple of weeks and have set it up using sucmnsee's vix image.

Im using a 64gb Datatraveller 2 usb stick in the rear slot and managed to download the cross EPG and it was all working fine, titles and up and coming programmes listed perfectly.

For some reason when i now access the EPG, the boxes are all filled with the phrase 'UHD Downtime Sky Intro' Selecting a channel and then clicking ok again for the programme info does display the right info but the EPG data is all screwed.

Ive tried deleting the database and re-downloading it again but this still hasnt fixed it.

2nd problem is that Ive also noticed that channels that are perfect when im watching them, if I try to record the prog and play it back, its freezing all the time. I can ftp the video file to my desktop and it still unwatchable on there so Could this all be due to a USB problem ??

Lastly, Do you think im better using a usb stick or a powered usb drive ? I tried a 128gb micro SD card but gave up when nothing i could do to get it past the 50% initialing would work.

Thx in advance for any replies, ive enjoyed reading the posts on the site.

Technonoob

Back