Improve IPTV Performance/Buffering 1080p Content

adzyp

Hi all,

I have a IPTV sub setup through the EPG using xtream editor and HD/SD/VOD content plays fine, however when I play one of the 1080p Full HD channels it regularly buffers, glitches or stops altogether.

Im assuming that it cant keep up with whats needed to be downloaded to play it smoothly.

I am on BT Fibre with 78mb plugged direct into the box so its not my connection, therefore I was wondering if i could improve the performance of the box somehow?

Download service app

Plugins>download>system plug ins

Then

Menu > system > gui > service app.

Change player from default to service app and select ext3player.

Restart gui.

Remember to turn service app back to default before downloading epg as its not compatible
-------

Also if using xtream editor upgrade to 2.10 and set streams to iptv from dvb

If using suls script set streams to import as iptv

Download service app

Plugins>download>system plug ins

Then

Menu > system > gui > service app.

Change player from default to service app and select ext3player.

Restart gui.

Remember to turn service app back to default before downloading epg as its not compatible
-------

Hi Teddy in am getting very similar issues with my iptv on zgemma h2s and should I do something similar or is it different on my system

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Yes both will help.

Zgemmas treat jmported iptv streamsg as dvb as standard. Switching to iptv streams will improve zap times and should be smoother.

For FHD streams,esp foreign streams using service app will make mahuge difference. UK HD is low fps, US HE is 60fps and zgemma default player isn't beefy enough to handle it

Also Teddy how do I check which one I use from your quote below. Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Teddy, I am getting similar problems with Zgemma Star 2s after 5 mins it starts stopping and starting and freezes, thanks in advance

Also Teddy how do I check which one I use from your quote below. Cheers

It should be apparent.

How do you get iptv on to your box?

mmm tried downloading serviceapp but i get an error, can i manually install it from anywhere?

Im currently on ipab

It should be apparent.

How do you get iptv on to your box?
I import iptv from USB to box which gives me a plugin and sets up automatically after password. I have ServiceExtEplayer3(5002) now setup and hoping you can direct me to change ipv from dvb as I can't find it please. Thanks as the freezing is a head recker

without knowing your plugin i can't help.

where did you set service exte3player3 [5002] ?

if it was in xtream editor then keep scrolling and the iptv option will be there [4xxx]

if the buffering continues then use service app to change the default player to service app and use exte3player [remembering to switch back before any epg import]

Dreamboxsireland is my plugin. I downloaded the service app and went to menu/setup/usage+gui/service app and then change from default to serviceexteplayer3 . I will monitor it to see how it works with HD channel and will take your advise before epg upgrading

i've never heard of or used that app - and if it the name of it contains the name of your provider then you should edit it.

but service app should yield a noticable improvement

good luck, sir

my sat epg seems ok with it, think autobouquet maker deals with that. but epg pulled from epg importer for my iptv will not load when service app is switching the default player, and the addon dev for the suls script confirms the two arent compatible.

but see what works for you

Pause, rewind /timeshift function on iptv channels doesn't work when xtream editor servuce type is set to iptv (4097) rather than the standard dvb1 only downside i could see though i find the iptv setting better. Extplayer not for me epg not loading is a big no from me lol.

I downloaded the service app, Enigma2 playback system says 'original', so I changed this to service app and exteplayer3, do I then need to change any of the other options below, AAC software decoding etc? I didn't change any of these, just saved, restarted GUI and yes my channels zap quicker, but FHD channels are probably worse than ever. Also, my EPG importer still worked fine after making the change.

Am I missing a change somewhere?

The plugin I use for IPTV identifies my supplier, so I haven't named it on here.

I tried it on an old zgemma 2s I have in the bedroom.
EPG importer worked perfectly the following day but I get the dreaded blue screen every time I try to change back to "original".
I backed up image before messing about so not really an issue, but re the stuttering playback, I have an H2S and a 2S set up with my IPTV, and never had an issue with any 1080p playback.
I watch US 1080p HD streams for hours and even the old box is fine.......

Yah reason it crashes when you try to go to original is because of the way service app cycles through its three options:

Original > exte3 > gstplayer

You might not have gstplayer installed and when you press right it lands on it and crashes.

Press left to get from exte3 back to original. No crash

In my defence, I'd probably have thought of that if it wasn't quarter to one in the morning and I was to get up for work in just over 5 and a half hours, lol.

Back