In need of a satelite EXPERT, Swansea area.

DWills

In need of someone who can come and sort out my zgemma star 2s as I keep having the same problem while trying to ABM scan. "Time out for tuner lock", I have tried everything suggested to me on here such as setting tuner b to non config, setting it to match tuner a, setting tuner a to non config etc etc. I just can't see what I'm doing wrong.

So is there anyone in the Swansea area that will be able to set up my box for me? Send me a PM and we can discuss further.

Thanks

first of all have you got tuner lock on both tuners. Menu / setup / service searching / signal finder

highlight tuner and check tuner A then press the right arrow key on remote to check tuner B. have you got lock on both.

When I check my signal strength tuner a is rapidly changing from SNR: 70-90% BER: 0 and a green tick next to "lock". Tuner b SNR: 79% and remains solid, BER: 0 and also a green tick next to lock.

BER will be 0. don't know why its jumping around. swap the lnb cable with each other and see if the jumping around moves to the other tuner.

Ok. Have you set auto bouquets maker up, if so press menu / setup / service searching / and select start scan let me know what happens.

To set it up, is there anything other than selecting the providers that I need to do before scanning? If not, then I have set it up and when start scan it comes up saying "tuning sky uk" takes a couple of seconds then an error comes up saying "timeout for tuner lock".

Sounds like you box is setup correctly. I think you or having a conflict on your lnb. is it your own dish or is it shared.

It is a shared dish, I did ask the question whether I would be affected by this in a forum on here before hand, and the reply I got was, should be fine.

Some setting you can check.

menu / setup / service searching / tuner config

Tuner A dvb-s2 nim (dvbs2)
single
sat 28.2 eutelsat 28A

Tuner B set the same.

Config Mode simple
mode single
sat 28.2E
send disEqc No

---------- Post Merged at 05:32 PM ----------

Have you ever got any channels working on the box since you got it.

The only satellite I can pick up with 28.2E at the beginning is 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G, this is the same on both tuners.

The nearest I can pick up to the one you mentioned is 30.8E Eutelsat 31A.

This where I'm going wrong?

My tuner settings are :

Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Single
Sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Tuner B: AVL6211 (DVB-S2)
Single
Sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ----------

Also yes, when I flashed the box with sucmnsee's image I had the channels that come on when loaded, and when I do an automatic scan (Not ABM) I can pick up some 600 odd channels, although I picked up ITV about 8 times and a few others have repeated as well. They are all numbered all over the place as well.

if the fixed dish is on 28.2 that is the only sat you can scan on,if the dish has been moved and facing other sat you will get a strange named channel list.

600 is too low for 28.2 as you should have 900+

i would try scanning at a different location that uses 28.2 to see if it pulls in 900+ channels ,if it does your home setup is out.

I will get back to you just watching footy.

---------- Post Merged at 06:21 PM ----------

You can try forcing it to use tuner B to do the scan as tuner A is unstable. Menu / setup / system select customise

go down to preferred tuner and change it from auto to tuner B

press green button to save settiing. may have to reboot box for setting to work

then try am scan again in auto bouquet maker.

sounds like the shared dish is at fault not aligned properly. Like Cactikid mentioned earlier if you could try your box at someone else's house not on the same dish where you are, just to check your box is working correctly to rule that out. The signal sounds to be weaker that your box is showing, but this maybe because its getting boosted depending on how may are sharing the same signal.

can you see how many lnbs are on dish,hopefully its a octo/8 lnb with 6 feeds/cables,check neighbours to see if there on 28.2 also and have all channels.

Back