Info

Hanc

Hi All,
Ive searched the forum, but cannot decide which one is best to fit into.
I'm new to these so wondered if anyone could answer my questions, apologies in advance if im in the wrong area.
1, I have virgin, which is the best box for me to get? Planning on cancelling all my services apart from internet as from what ive read, that is all you need to operate one of these ZGEMMA Boxes.
2, Which Box is the best, was looking at the ZGEMMA but which is the best one?

I have more questions but they can wait until I know these.
Best Regards
Andrew.

If you want a zgemma, you'll need the H2.H box but it only has 1 cable tuner so you wont be able to record one channel and watch another. If you wanted to do this, you'd need to look at something more expensive as zgemma don't currently do a box with more than 1 cable tuner.

You will also need a cable splitter and a rf to f cable then once you have your box and installed the firmware (available from here) then you just need to buy you line (aka gift) ... pretty straight forward.

You buy a gift, ive heard of those with other boxes but didnt think you needed to with these?
What other boxes would you recommend that could play other channels while recording?
Does this box not provide that?
Zgemma Star H5 FTA Two Tuner, SAT + Cable / T (H.265)

Yes, you need a gift if you want to open the subscription channels and there's loads of providers for these and once you pay your money, it is based on trust so make sure you source a reliable provider.

That box is a combo receiver like the H2.H (one satellite tuner and one cable) so you'd need a satellite dish as well as the vm cable plugged into it to be able to record on one and watch another - you'd also need two gifts (a satellite one and a cable one).

Back