Linux Installing Linux Distros onto USB [Live boot]

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
universal-usb-installer-7887-1.jpg

Download, extract and run the attachment on my post:

This USB Installer will give you a list of various linux distros that you can boot from USB and allow you to download the ISO to your computer, it then will write the ISO to your USB and also make your USB bootable.

Tested with KNOPPIX 6.7 on a 1GB USB stick and works great

Attachments

• Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.6.8.exe.zip
    950.3 KB · Views: 34
yet i struggled to get my sandisk to read off this...had to go back to basics for bunty 11.10

but am sure it works

nice one

linux mint is the one i use 95% of the time,,,,,have been for yonks yet still have to drift into windas for some stuff...i use the virtualbox at times but just too lazy

I need to start using linux for educational commitments. So decided to go with Ubuntu, a good GUI interface OS with many features, but an OS that also allows me to use the terminal to issue commands, which is my main purposes to installing linux, need to get used to the environment. (y)

Your sandisk, it isn't a U3 cruzer drive is it? If it is, then i've been told that these drives can cause problems when trying to boot OS's

Your sandisk, it isn't a U3 cruzer drive is it? If it is, then i've been told that these drives can cause problems when trying to boot OS's

Everyone of these that I have ever had, I completely wipe the drive and reformat. All of the stuff that comes on them is a hassle and worthless in my opinion.
Another vote for Mint here by the way.

Back