Installing N line on Openbox V8S

madsam106

Right, so, can we clarify this for me (again :() I have an N line, have copied it to a textfile named newcamd.list. when I add to MGCamd plug setup it says 0 items found, 0 new items found!

My N line looks like N: <then a load of numbers with an id in the middle>
I've tried to add CWS= instead of n: (because I read it somewhere :grimacing: )

any help or clarification would be appreciated by me and others I assume :grin:

N lines can be entered into CCcam or MGcam.
If you want to enter it in CCcam, then open notepad. Either copy & paste the line, or enter your N line as follows:-
N: [server host name] [port number] [user name] [password] (the numbers 01 to 14 can be ignored)
e.g. N: server1.host.org 12345 name pass123
Use the "save as..." menu to save the file name as CCcam.cfg. Change the "save as type:"
to "All files (*.*)" [if you don't do this, the file will be saved as CCcam.cfg.txt which the box will not recognise].
Copy this file onto the USB stick & insert it in your box.
Go to Menu > Network Local Settings > Camds Setup > CCcam client setup > Update files by USB. Select CCCam.cfg.
Press OK to put a tick by it. Press Yellow Button (Read). It should create a new account. Exit Menus and
Reboot the box.
If you want to enter it into MGcam, then open notepad. Either copy & paste the line, or enter your N line as follows:-
CWS = [server host name] [port number] [user name] [password] 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
(make sure to put a space either side of the "=" sign) e.g. CWS = server1.host.org 12345 name pass123 01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14.
Use the "save as..." menu to save the file name as newcamd.list. Change the "save as type:" to "All files (*.*)"
[if you don't do this, the file will be saved as newcamd.list.txt which the box will not recognise].
Copy this file onto the USB stick & insert it in your box.
Go to Menu > Network Local Settings > Camds Setup > MGCamd Plug Setup > Update files by USB.
Scroll down to newcamd.list. Press OK to put a tick by it. Press Yellow Button (Read).
It should create a new account. Exit Menus and Reboot the box.

Boom! Happy days - cheers Mike.

'save as' all files was one thing I wasn't doing
space between = was the other

These posts are so helpful for others when using search function -

Thanks again

Sam

Back