Interference / glitching

shikon

I'm running the latest OpenVix, with OSCAM, and everything was running fine. However, in the last couple of days, I seem to be getting some sort of glitching / interference on a number of channels BT Sports 2, BT Sports 3 (see image), however, BT Sports 1 is fine. I can hear the audio and see bits of the picture, but it's almost like it's not been tuned incorrectly.

glitch.jpg

I tried a diff cam and diff line but still, have the same issues.

I'm using ABM to find the channels, so maybe it's an issue with this.

Some channels are perfect, so I don't think it's an issue with the cables etc... as I would expect it to affect all channels.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Most likely a loose connection or water has gotten into the line outside.

I know it's been fine in the past but I have seen this issue also caused by cheap wiring/incorrect splitter too

Last edited:
check the connections going into the box, it could have worked loose, make sure the f-connector is firmly on the cable etc. This is not a line issue

Yes it all points to wiring or splitter problems, put it on to a channel that is glitching then move the cable wires coming from the back of the box about and see if it makes any difference, could be just a bit of tangling or at worse you may need to get good quality splitters.

Thanks for the help. It looks like it was an issue with the isolator. Odd it only affected certain channels. I have removed it and will replace with one of the new amplified ones.

Yes, thats usually the way it goes, for me it was sky sports news hd, bt sport3 hd, and movies premier hd, all other channels were fine, its good you got it sorted though.

Back