IP address changed resulting in miracle box problems

I got a message off my internet security (norton) saying my IP address had changed. id lost all the channels on my miracle box apart from the free to air ones and when i did a network test it wouldnt pick my IP address up! i did a factory reset on the miracle box put when i tried to re tune it wouldnt detect the internet. i turned the power off on the internet and eventually it managed to pick the internet up put only got as far as where you download the cams and it wouldnt do it!! now when i do a network test it's not picking my IP address up again!! has any one else had similar proplems???

---------- Post Merged at 09:54 PM ----------

plus the free to air channels are now glitching!!

you never factory reset these boxes as there not a kv or starview.
possible if your lan went down it might give you a new ip when it came back,so curious how norton has said your box has an issue.
box lan cable to router or homeplugs to router,if left with fta you do a network test first and if issues reboot box and router.

norton didnt say my box had an issue mate,it said my IP address had been changed. i did try a network test and a reboot before i factory reset but it still wasnt picking up the internet

there is a reset button on the back of the rooter i pressed that mate i dont undestand why the FTA reception is bad as well

Is your broadband BT by any chance? If it is and you've reset the hub you might need to login to the admin page to disable smart setup again

I'm not sure mate I'll have a look when I get home tonight. I just reset the router, it has a reset button on the back, I haven't gone into it or anything yet. The wireless for my laptop has been working fine its just the miracle box

Back