IP Camera Help

neilc78

I'm by no means an expert on ip cameras but I managed to set up a camera for my brother in law in his shed so he can watch his animals remotely. I got ports forwarded by the isp and an app compatible with his camera. All working fine then one day it just can't be accessed through the new public ip address I was previously using. Can still access run local network. I can ping all the ports on the camera from external to the camera and they all show as open. But the app I could use last Saturday and any other app or desktop software thst previously worked don't work anymore. I've checked connections and the isp says no issues their side. Any suggestions where to start looking? Camera is bloody Chinese Make Floureon.

use the Floureon app
its the same app as all the other chinese stuff, they are all generic, [they make everything from powertool batteries to high end TVs and cell phones, just with different badges]
I have a sannce cctv dvr, and its the same as a floureon
is there not a QR code to scan.? usually on the box
avoids all the port forwarding and stuff
oh, and if you dont pay for a static IP then that has probably changed, just find out the new one using your PC to access the router

As Steptoe said, if you haven't paid for a static ip address from you ISP, then it would have changed m8

Get a dns host name for your cctv device and have it auto update when the ip changes, I use no-ip on my cctv and even if the ip changes I can still access the cameras from my phone wherever I am in the world using the dns hostname instead of a dynamic up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have paid for a static ip address from my isp with 4 different ports open on it. It worked all last year and it worked up to last weekend and now it's stopped. The app that came with the camera is called cloudlens and the ptz functions never worked hence I moved to tinycam which did work fine. As I said the camera works on local network wifi but I can't get it to work on data.

I have paid for a static ip address from my isp with 4 different ports open on it. It worked all last year and it worked up to last weekend and now it's stopped. The app that came with the camera is called cloudlens and the ptz functions never worked hence I moved to tinycam which did work fine. As I said the camera works on local network wifi but I can't get it to work on data.

try xmeye

Also make sure the correct ports are still open, 80 , 9000 and 18004 are the normal ones for cctv , I had an issue with mine once when the router decided to close the ports so I had to reopen them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So without having done anything the camera just started working yesterday evening when I opened the App on my phone. I can only guess there was an issue in the port forwarding from the ISP. What worries me is I dont know what the problem was and whether it might come back again. Very strange.

Back