ipab image stuck 'on boot'...grrrr!

Carcosa

Hello to all...hope things are going well.

Bit narked by this...doing a re-flash just to see what ipab is like and have completed the procedure with no hassle, even down to adding the line and watching the damn thing!
Now I find that once it goes into deep standby and is restarted...the dreaded 'boot' is all that is happening! Flashed it AGAIN...same crap!!!
I have read the section on the ipab wiki that mentions this but the power supply issue is not an option as it is working fine...ergo previous image (this is my punishment for not sticking to Wooshbuild! :()

Just wondered if any of you good people have encountered this, and if so, how you sorted it?!

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
C.

hi mate,when i had my zgemma i ran into problems flashing from woosh to ipab or even openvix.u may have to reflash the box to an openvix image then back to ipab or run woosh then flash back to ipab,sounds silly i know but worked for me.

hi mate,when i had my zgemma i ran into problems flashing from woosh to ipab or even openvix.u may have to reflash the box to an openvix image then back to ipab or run woosh then flash back to ipab,sounds silly i know but worked for me.
Now then mate...many thanks for the reply and that there suggestion...will give it a whirl!
Typically I've just done a clean install of woosh...but I'll get this backed-up and go from there.
Will update you when I've finished me faffings!

Hey @bigwayne1976 ...just for comparisons sake, did you get the issues with ipab stuck on boot AFTER you had it all setup and all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @bigwayne1976 ...just for comparisons sake, did you get the issues with ipab stuck on boot AFTER you had it all setup and all?
i had a few problems not booting up first start or after restarting,for some reason the system wont boot up if i tried flash back to woosh,or ipab.u may be best off flashing with woosh,get it all set up,then do a online flash thru woosh build to open atv 6.1 if ur looking for somehing different?

i had a few problems not booting up first start or after restarting,for some reason the system wont boot up if i tried flash back to woosh,or ipab.u may be best off flashing with woosh,get it all set up,then do a online flash thru woosh build to open atv 6.1 if ur looking for somehing different?
Cheers mate!
Yeah it's a weird one for sure...just backing-up like a biatch at the moment!
I've flashed Wooshbuild on again so will now have a look online thru it (slipped my mind that you can do that!) and find the open atv 6.1.
Yeah...just wanted to see what was around and give 'em a go kinda thing
...Ayy-up! backups done...well here goes something (hopefully!)

Zgemma are a bitch when trying to reflash,had a usb stick tried and tested on other boxes, but Zgemma... na.. would not entertain it until i did a deep format, then eventually it flashed, but what a lot bother it gives out when flashing with usb stick

Last edited:
Zgemma are a bitch when trying to reflash,had a usb stick tried and tested on other boxes, but Zgemma... na.. would not entertain it until i did a deep format, then eventually it flashed, but what a lot bother it gives out when flashing bu usb stick
They can be a fickle beast indeed mate!
...what's particularly perplexing in this situation is that it is a usb that I've been using to flash the Zgemma since I've had it...it's deffo okay as I'm just putting Wooshbuild back on it yet again and it's doing the biz and booting a treat...looks like ibab...sorry pab...is not gonna play ball with me today!

alas @bigwayne1976 ...my quest has been denied thus far :(
...that said, I very much appreciate your helping and will continue with your method when I have cooled somewhat :(y):
...the box is an oven and it baketh my head!

Zgemma are a bitch when trying to reflash,had a usb stick tried and tested on other boxes, but Zgemma... na.. would not entertain it until i did a deep format, then eventually it flashed, but what a lot bother it gives out when flashing bu usb stick

No m8 zgemma flash fine its nearly always the usb or wrong files/image loaded that cause the problem, also as a tip remove the usb you are flashing with once its flashed & the box returns to boot, this will stop you needing to rework the usb everytime you want to flash...!

Ive flashed so many zgemmas over the years & even with usb's that wouldnt flash on 1st try...once usb has been prepared correctly they flash the same as any other box....its not a zgemma problem! (having said that around 18m ago I did try to nail this supposed zgemma flashing problem & sat for 3 days constantly flashing boxes & used 17 different usb pen drives...a few of these pen drives were very old & in poor condition, 2 didnt flash no matter what I did...even removed partition & created new but no joy on those 2 so a 'few' usb pen drives may not flash but it's not a zgemma thing).

Prep the usb right, load the right files/image, knowing the process to flash force/noforce images...get these right & you will have very few issues flashing!

Last edited:
alas @bigwayne1976 ...my quest has been denied thus far :(
...that said, I very much appreciate your helping and will continue with your method when I have cooled somewhat :(y):
...the box is an oven and it baketh my head!
hahaha dont let it beat u matey,keep at it.sorry for late reply i had to shoot off to work yesterday

Just a heads-up to @bigwayne1976
You won't guess what chief!...I sacked off the iPab business for a time as I (and the box) was flashed-out :grimacing:
...then lo and behold I was digging around and noticed that they had updated the image from v 1.3.5 (what I tried before) to 1.3.6.
BOOM...the biatch only went and flashed first time dint it! :):(y)::)...get in you bugger!!! ;)

Back