Ipab issue

Novacblue

Does anyone seems to be having any issues with ipab today?
Unplugged my h5 when I reconnected all my channels were dark on vm. So checked the usual restarted softcam checked the box had an ip address and connected to the Internet but still dark so put it down to my provider rang him but he said everything is working fine. So installed a new image everything was working fine all channels working. So reinstalled ipab again gone through the setup and still no vm channels.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Left it on a cryptic channel for around 10 minutes still nothing and done a restart so it booted up to that channel and still dark. Everything is active in softcam panel cam 1. It's like it's not connecting to the Internet but it's showing an ip address. Only like using ipab because of the Sly Q skin that's built into the image.

Last edited:
Mate think I am having a similar problem with Ipab 1.35 on the H5.2TC. I have actually went through the process a number of times to make sure I am doing everything right by the pdf file guide provided. Initially I thought it was something to do with myself installing the slyq skin with picons but it done the same thing after just a normal vm quick set up with no changes.

Yours seems to be slightly different in that you are having no success on trying to reinstall the image but the set up is working every time for me- it is just when I restart the box the process I just completely disappears and resorts back to just a sly skin with nothing loaded (autobouquets, epg, line etc)

I think the image can be temperamental it was only today that have noticed the issue. At first I tried putting the ipab image on my friends H2 as he liked the way the Sly Q skin looked but as is line didn't clear to show any of the cryptic channels didn't think it was compatible with the H2 so just left is original build on. But thats were my problems started when I plugged my box back in wouldn't seem to read my line or connect to the Internet not sure which. Just can't seem to work out way its happening as it's been running fine for a few weeks now when I first installed it but today it wouldn't read my friends H2 line or connect and now mines the same.

In the middle of my numerous Ipab installations I tried the wooshbuild Image but for some reason the autoboquets would not load- that was after following the guide provided on techkings step by step but maybe I was doing something wrong so I might give it another go.

Its unfortunate about the Ipab build because it is great to navigate through and looks well but cannot rely on it and I have found it to be quite glitchy with my channels however that could be a fault my end and not with the build will know more once get the wooshbuild up and running.

Just a matter of interest did you download the Ipab 1.35 image compatible to the H2 and not the one you used on your own H5?

The image I downloaded was from here but am pretty sure it's a multi build for all zgemma boxes if not mistaken. Thinking the problem might be the file corrupted on my memory stick still flash fine. So thinking do a fresh download and try that and hopefully might sort any problems am having now. Because everything is working fine on other builds just not ipab from today. Am only missing the Sly Q Skin side of the image.

Sorry mate youre right im.getting mixed up between the 2 builds- ipab groups them all together and wooshbuild has them sub sectioned.

Its def not a corrupt file my side as its all installing fine and working grand until i turn the box off then all is lost.

I got the wooshbuild image going anyway and seems to be going alright no jumping or freezing or loss of image when i turn the box off.

Not too sure what you mean by the sly q side of the image? Thats just a change of skin you can do at the end of the whole process is it not?

The sucmnsee works fine and same as wooshbuild reading my line and showing channels just fine, but I do prefer the ipab build as it was the 1st image I put on my h5.2tc and worked flawlessly just a shame have ran into this problem. About the Sly Q skin just that the ipab image come with the skin and looks really good on the H5 the sucmnsee build am using doesn't include the Sly Q skin so download it from here but doesn't look as smooth as the one that's included in ipab. Not checked the skins in wooshbuild to see if it includes the Sly Q skin on that build.

Or if anyone knows/recommends an image with the skin already included

Last edited:
Tried the ipab image one last time last night after work and still no luck. So resigned myself to using another build no big deal as long as all my channels clear. But strange thing is got up today and all is working great. So think it might have something to do with abm updating during the night.

Thanks for everyones help with this much appreciated.

I dont know mate I actually have my H5 box with my dad at the minute because he would watch it a lot more than I would and when I had the ipab image on it he said that he would be watching it with no problems other than the odd glitch here and there and then the next minute it would just go black and not work until the next morning- you dont want that happening especially when the football starts back.

I do agree though the ipab build is definitely the best ive come across in terms of navigation and looks the part with the picons and sly q skin but with it not holding the installation when I turn the box off I cant really keep it on and I did find it was jumping a lot. I am just wondering now could it possibly be something to do with my hdd not being initialised and when I am saving it is not saving correctly.

I have the wooshbuild image on for now with the sly q skin added unfortunately without the picons- I am going to watch the a match today at 5 on the image to see how it goes and if its grand may just keep it- I dont think its the line.

Just out of interest do you use CC or mg when adding your line?

It's the mg line am using on the H5. Just when I thought it was sorted coming on in the morning. It's only gone back to the way it was yesterday all channels dark again after restarting the box. Gonna take your advice on board and just throw another build on like wooshbuild at least I know it stable and won't in counter any of the problems have been having and just mess about with a few skins. Because as you have said would be a nightmare during the football if this was to happen again

I dont think it is getting brought to attention that much on the forums mate because not many people have the H5.2TC at the minute and probably arent encountering the same problems with other zgemma boxes. It would seem you and myself are the only ones having a problem with it but I would say most people are and just switching immediately to the likes of wooshbuild and the other builds out there.

I found it was mate after a couple of days of testing each. Ipab kept freezing and jumping and wouldnt save the flash so when i turned the box off and back on again it was back to square one again.

I now have the wooshbuild image on my h5.2tc and it has worked a 100% set the line up with mg softcam and switched the skin to sly q- all looks the part and working perfectly.

I found it was mate after a couple of days of testing each. Ipab kept freezing and jumping and wouldnt save the flash so when i turned the box off and back on again it was back to square one again.

I now have the wooshbuild image on my h5.2tc and it has worked a 100% set the line up with mg softcam and switched the skin to sly q- all looks the part and working perfectly.
Do you have a link to the wooshbuild download as I'm due to get a box in this week and need to set it up?

I have the same problem with my zgemma h2h... Tried to restart the box one day, then all channels were dark. Tried to reflash multiple times with no joy.

What image did you try to flash it with mate? Have you ever flashed a box before?

Flashed it with iPab mate, followed all the steps in the guide... Was all working fine and then one day it started glitching so tried to restart the box and it just hasn't been right since. Now if I try to restart the box it gets stuck on boot, so I have to flash it again. Then to view the channels I have to press down on the remote then the red button to view 'all' which sometimes has 3-4 of each channel which are in alphabetical order.

Mate think you already know my views towards that image looks great but its horrible- its overloaded with far too much material. Switch to wooshbuild i havnt looked back.

Back