ipab virgin media freezing channels

leeandjam

Hi I am having problems with freezing & missing channels on my zgemma h2h with ipab virgin media build 13.1 mostly freeview & plus 1 hour channels keep freezing premium channels seem fine
updating epg makes no difference

Hi I'm using ipab build and had problems with freezing channels, my problem was a bad gift code changed and all is fine now.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hi I am having problems with freezing & missing channels on my zgemma h2h with ipab virgin media build 13.1 mostly freeview & plus 1 hour channels keep freezing premium channels seem fine
updating epg makes no difference
When you say freeview are you talking about the following
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
Pick
Challenge
Sly news
These along with 1 or 2 more channels are freeview.
These should work perfectly, if they don't the there is a problem in your set up.
If your set up is fine try a few test lines.

When you say freeview are you talking about the following
BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV
Pick
Challenge
Sly news
These along with 1 or 2 more channels are freeview.
These should work perfectly, if they don't the there is a problem in your set up.
If your set up is fine try a few test lines.
I have the same issue exactly. What do you mean by if your set up is fine! please. Have tried a few test lines with the same outcome . Why would the premium Sly channels be ok and not the FTA channels?

I have the same issue exactly. What do you mean by if your set up is fine! please. Have tried a few test lines with the same outcome . Why would the premium Sly channels be ok and not the FTA channels?

Free to air channels (such as standard definition BBC1 BBC2 ITV etc) should work regardless of what server you are on. If they don't work then that points to there being a problem with the signal you are receiving, which could be caused by numerous things, such as the coax cable not being screwed in tight enough at either end, or your splitters on the cable not being good enough (if you use them), or just the signal strength itself entering your property not being strong enough or too high.. also the odd setting on your box too may cause problems, if you're connected to wrong area.

I can't explain though why this would only affect your FTA channels, and not premium channels, have you checked a lot of them?

I was setting up a box the other day and BBC1 standard was not working at all (it shown 0% on the signal strength), but 99% of the other channels worked perfectly (including all FTA channels).. it's not uncommon for the odd channel to struggle but all FTA ones and none premium is weird.

I had same issue on many +1 channels and a few of the other channels you'd probably never watch, changing line sorted it for me.

Back