Iphone Memory Full

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

My daughters I Phone is full she has music, apps, photos, docs and data and "Other"

So I think this is causing some drop out when she is using WiFi and some other stuff.

ITunes was saying it was over capacity and wouldn't let me synch or back up until I deleted a load of music, then it started working normally.

"Other" is taking up about 4GB

Anyone know what "Other" consists of as I can't seem to be able to edit or delete items out of it
using ITunes.

Obviously I can delete music, apps, photos etc but clueless as to what "Other" is.

Read this and followed it but hasn't made any real difference

https://www.imore.com/how-find-and-remove-other-files-iphone-and-ipad

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

bees

Last edited:
Hope it's not tinder this is my youngest and she is only 14 !!! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

After much messing about, her Email account is somehow linked to the phone, and as she
has over 2000 Emails in her inbox which seems to be taking up memory in the "other" section.

She deleted them, re synched the phone and the amount of space in that section dropped.

She also had quite a bit of memory used up in "Docs and Data"

So she can just mess about with it and see what she can get rid of.

She has got some free space now and the phone is working as it would normally. :(y)::(y):

Yep, girls ehh !! lucky it's fixed or I would have been on the hook for an IPhone 8 for Christmas, that's how they work !!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
Back