Cable Iptv box, zgemma or what??

Hi guys i'm new to this so bare with me, I need some advice.

I have 2 zgemma star LC boxes on virgin, & all they do is freeze, CONSTANTLY. Like to the point where they're unwatchable. The provider says everything is fine on his end, that's all he ever says. One of the boxes had an issue where it needed re-flashed, once the seller did that & sent it back it just sticks to the virgin logo with no channels at all. I'm sick to death & just want to be able to watch sky sports, sky movies & all the usual like history, cooking etc without constant freezing.

What do I do?

Do I get another line/provider?
Do I get a different box?
Is IPTV any good?

Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The zgemma LC is a entry level receiver and subsequently the slowest of all the zgemma's.

It's possible to get this receiver running good but you need to remove all the non essential plugins and run a basic image.

I found running it without any EPG importer plugins etc it works well.

Your freezing issue could be a number of things.
Can you give more information about your setup ?
How is the receiver connected to the internet?
C line or mgcamd line ?
What image or premade build are you using?
Did you buy these plug n play or set them up yourself?

A lot people get frustrated with this receiver but with a bit of patience you can get it running right.

Last edited:
Hi guys i'm new to this so bare with me, I need some advice.

I have 2 zgemma star LC boxes on virgin, & all they do is freeze, CONSTANTLY. Like to the point where they're unwatchable. The provider says everything is fine on his end, that's all he ever says. One of the boxes had an issue where it needed re-flashed, once the seller did that & sent it back it just sticks to the virgin logo with no channels at all. I'm sick to death & just want to be able to watch sky sports, sky movies & all the usual like history, cooking etc without constant freezing.

What do I do?

Do I get another line/provider?
Do I get a different box?
Is IPTV any good?

Please help.

mag 250 is a very good box and the Zgemma H2H cable box and iptv and sat box

The zgemma LC is a entry level receiver and subsequently the slowest of all the zgemma's.

It's possible to get this receiver running good but you need to remove all the non essential plugins and run a basic image.

I found running it without any EPG importer plugins etc it works well.

Your freezing issue could be a number of things.
Can you give more information about your setup ?
How is the receiver connected to the internet?
C line or mgcamd line ?
What image or premade build are you using?
Did you buy these plug n play or set them up yourself?

A lot people get frustrated with this receiver but with a bit of patience you can get it running right.

It's connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable directly from the modem.

I'm not at all that technical so even though I've heard of C line & mgcamd I don't know what they are but, I have seen an option on the box for mgcamd so I presume it's that.

I bought it plug & play from a provider.

As for image, it's the virgin media skin.

Cheers for getting back to me & i'm sure I've probably giving you answers that make no sense.

Yeah I do. But now after the provider re-flashed it, the box isn't showing any channels at all. He reckons it's my virgin cable that's the issue, even though the other box works fine on the same cable. And by fine I mean it works but constantly freezes.

Ok, when you have the box on sky sports 1 hd, whats the signal rate for that channel?

And if one of your boxes are working then you have a feed, when you say reflashed it, did you restart the cams again when you plugged back in?

I don't know the signal rate for the box without the channels obviously but my other boxes signal, I presume you mean the bar at the side?) looks like this:
d0ec4761ceda280994350e79acb1d385.jpg

when you press ok when sky sports 1 hd is on can you see a signal percentage on the right hand side of the skin for the channel

trying to work out if its a signal issue or line issue, is the picture freezing or pixelating on the screen?

Press TV then choose the bouquet you require.
Entertainment
News
Music the look for the channels.

Don't bother going through EPG

trying to work out if its a signal issue or line issue, is the picture freezing or pixelating on the screen?

You obviously know what you're talking about far more than me so, would it be worth buying a much better non pre loaded box & setting it up from scratch myself? (If there's some sort of step by step guide on how to do that) then getting a decent provider. Or, do i do what someone else mentioned & wipe this box & just use a basic build, would that suffice? Sorry for all the undoubtedly stupid questions I just want to watch the telly without freezing.

Back