IPTV: Can the Sly Channels numbers be kept the same?

mickey06

I, like many others I imagine, am considering IPTV given the recent developments. I have read a little about IPTV on this forum, but from reading the threads it appears that IPTV on the zGemma (or most boxes) is nowhere near as intuitive to use as Whooshman et al has allowed the zGemma / Sly combo to be.

I have read that switching on the IPTV service seems to create havoc with the channel numbers, ie BBC1 is no longer 101. I would certainly give an IPTV sub a trial, but I am reluctant to do so if it results in my missus struggling to watch Britain's Got Talent on Saturday night due to ITV not being on channel 103!

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me whether it is possible to run an IPTV sub AND keeping the channels numbers for the Sly channels that still work.

The issue would be your provider may have alternatives for each channel so they may try to match sky but it would start at 1 and you could have bbc1 sd and hd together so it wouldn't work to match sky

People are having issues with trying to add iptv channels into abe2 or abm bouquets that will cause issues so if you want sky and IPTV you would be best leaving them in separate bouquets rather than trying to mix them

There is only a few missing channels atm. I have any missing channels I need and the 3 o clock channels in the favourites bouquet from iptv

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The problem is with this. Is the iptv channel could be down and the you would have a blank space anyway

Your better all the same type too one folder at the end of your list so it doesn't mess up your numbers. Just do the UK sport as one

Back