IPTV completely down

Was watching the Chelsea Tottenham match and the channel started buffering so I decided to change to a different channel and now the screen is blank and nothing on my IPTV will work at all what can I do, I've restarted the box and still nothing not even bbc1 will work on it

I have international channels and none of them work either, I've gone on update IPTV section and it says the servers down does This mean it'll come back or I'm most likely blocked? I've paid £55 for a 12 month subscription mainly for the premier league and I've not even gotten two games in its a joke

if the servers down it should come back on. if your provider was not blocked by isp, then you should be fine but if they were depends if they can get around it.

Servers are like computers, they crash, fail, or need maintenance, I wouldn't worry too much YET

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So a vpn at my end wouldn't be of any help?

I keep reading about VPN doing the trick but I can't work out why.

I thought that there was blocking of certain IP addresses and servers, stopping their streams coming through our providers lines and therefore to us. I thought that a VPN my end would stop anyone seeing my true IP address and therefore stop anyone from blocking me from accessing their site if they were trying to do so, or anyone from seeing who I really was, if they were watching who was downloading from a certain site. I wouldn't have thought that a VPN would help me to allow a stream coming through at my end. I could be wrong?!!!

I will be corrected IF Im wrong but isnt the law for UK streaming...IF so then using a VPN will show you as outside the UK so your stream shouldnt be stopped!

I will be corrected IF Im wrong but isnt the law for UK streaming...IF so then using a VPN will show you as outside the UK so your stream shouldnt be stopped!

I am like you Beaky. I am not 100% sure either. Yes, your IP address will now look as though you are based in, for example France, for your out going data, but your in coming data still has to come through your internet providers system (Sky, BT, Virgin etc), who will be blocking certain traffic going through there servers before it hits your house. If you were sending out IPTV streams to your friend, and you were behind a VPN, then you couldn't be blocked in doing so, because noone would know who was streaming that data to your friend. They would be blocking your UK IP address in sending data, but everyone would be seeing the data being streamed from France. Get me?

I assume it depends on the actual law, IF its only UK streams then eventhough a stream or larger data useage will be detected your ISP is not bound by law to stop that stream... at the moment it looks as though providers are only enforcing the law when they are forced to... & as the law was specific to 'live prem games' thats the only time ISP's are even attempting to block...they could IF they wished block at all times when they detect any stream but then they would have issues with people who may legit be streaming, as an example a family members video calling a relative in another country... so for now they are simply complying with the law.

Last edited:
Back