Iptv - deleting channels

makido

VIP Member
Is it possible?
I know how to remove unwanted bouquets, but can you remove the channels that you dont want.
I thought it would just be a case of editing the bouquet then saving but that dont seem to be working. It just re-loads the original bouquet back up after a restart. It did work before like that but I think theyve changed the script
Its just some of the live sport that I want deleting things like nba, nhl that I will never watch.
Would it work if I moved all the sport ones I wanted to keep into the favourite bouquet.
Would the epg keep updated and stuff, if I then deleted the .sh file

From your comments, it seems you did this via a Script
So, no matter how you edit etc and change, it will always come back each time. The joys of a Script being run ;-)

Its possible. You just need to find the script that updates the specific bouquet your editing and delete / rename it.
The scripts are in he etc/enigma2 folder and will more than likely be called iptvxx.sh (where xx is numbers)
Use dream explorer to look inside each script and find the one that updates the bouquet your editing. The only problem with doing this is the bouquet will never get updated so if new channels get added to that bouquet by your provider you won't get them. If you need any help let me know ;)

Nice one garf, I thought I had done it before and not imagined it.
I didnt delete the .sh file I just deleted what I didnt want from the tv file, and saved it. So that is why it was still loading as default then. I dont remember deleting the .sh file before tho only when I wanted to remove the complete bouquet
Do you know how many times ive crashed my box today trying to do it :) But like you say the live sport and ppv bouquet could be the wrong one to be messing with as it will always get updated

You don't even need to delete the .sh file that updates the bouquet. You can edit the enigma2_pre_start.sh file that lives in usr/bin too as that is the file that makes all the iptvxx.sh files run on boot. You just have to remember when you edit a .sh file you need to change the permission on it again to make it executable with chmod.

Back