Iptv for freeview only on a Mac computer

KashB

Hi all,

I have a 27inch imac I've been using as a tv upstairs. Currently have a zgemma running a vm line downstairs and have been streaming from the zgemma to the imac.

It's a single sub/not multiroom so have to stream the same channel which is ok seeing as I'm the only one living here atm. But that may change in the future and would like to see about being able to watch other channels on the mac.

I've been looking at iptv and playing an m3u through vlc but seeing as I mostly watch freeview I can't justify the cost of a full iptv sub.

A decent external tv tuner for a mac is near enough £80. I'm guessing around the same cost as a full iptv sub.

Does anyone know of any alternatives? Or of a way to use iptv for freeview only?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a 27inch imac I've been using as a tv upstairs. Currently have a zgemma running a vm line downstairs and have been streaming from the zgemma to the imac.

It's a single sub/not multiroom so have to stream the same channel which is ok seeing as I'm the only one living here atm. But that may change in the future and would like to see about being able to watch other channels on the mac.

I've been looking at iptv and playing an m3u through vlc but seeing as I mostly watch freeview I can't justify the cost of a full iptv sub.

A decent external tv tuner for a mac is near enough £80. I'm guessing around the same cost as a full iptv sub.

Does anyone know of any alternatives? Or of a way to use iptv for freeview only?

Thanks.

why not just get a cheap freeview box for upstairs?
i'm sure you could just send the pic to the imac as easily as sending it to a TV

why not just get a cheap freeview box for upstairs?
i'm sure you could just send the pic to the imac as easily as sending it to a TV

Thanks Pablo,

I'm looking into that, but starting to realise that apple computers are a real pain. No hdmi port and converting signals with a hdmi adapter isn't working.

I've found a website called tvplayer, it's only £5 a month for freeview so I'll probably ive that a go.

Thanks,

Kash

Back