IPTV Freezes on Ad Breaks

dt99

TK Veteran
Hi,

I have been with my iptv supplier for about 6 months now and the service has been outstanding, all channels work, all 3pm kick-offs work, PPV etc......hardly ever get any problems.

Over the past week or so a lot of channels freeze as soon as it gets to the adverts, sometimes it will unfreeze after 10 seconds or so and sometimes I have to switch channel and back again.

As soon as the adverts finish, the channel is perfect again, no buffering, no freezing, it works perfectly, even the football, I can watch the whole game without interruptions.

Supplier is insistent that this is a fault at my end, despite me saying that the streams are perfect and it only messes up on the advert breaks. I have done all the usual, removed ISP blockers, restarted box (H2s), restarted router but still it happens.

Does anyone else have this with IPTV, did you manage to solve it?

Do you think it's a supplier problem or my H2s?

I'm hardwired, running OpenATV 6.1.

Hi mate i would say this is a supplier problem and he's trying to fob you off.I mean i can think of anything your end that would make it do that especially just at the adverts.....if it was your end i would guess you would have problems with the streams all the time.

Hi mate i would say this is a supplier problem and he's trying to fob you off.I mean i can think of anything your end that would make it do that especially just at the adverts.....if it was your end i would guess you would have problems with the streams all the time.

That's what I thought. I have had a trial from another provider and it's been spot on but they only do annual subs...now I'm stuck...dont really want to pay a year upfront. Tried loads of others that offer monthly and they have been shockingly bad!

Thats strange as the monthly ones should really be as good as annual,the only thing i can suggest is really having a go at your supplier and tell him not to fob you off or it's back to the iptv sub request thread.i know what you mean there a lot of cowboys now that just want to earn a quick buck......but also there are some really good,honest suppliers.

Hi,

I have been with my iptv supplier for about 6 months now and the service has been outstanding, all channels work, all 3pm kick-offs work, PPV etc......hardly ever get any problems.

Over the past week or so a lot of channels freeze as soon as it gets to the adverts, sometimes it will unfreeze after 10 seconds or so and sometimes I have to switch channel and back again.

As soon as the adverts finish, the channel is perfect again, no buffering, no freezing, it works perfectly, even the football, I can watch the whole game without interruptions.

Supplier is insistent that this is a fault at my end, despite me saying that the streams are perfect and it only messes up on the advert breaks. I have done all the usual, removed ISP blockers, restarted box (H2s), restarted router but still it happens.

Does anyone else have this with IPTV, did you manage to solve it?

Do you think it's a supplier problem or my H2s?

I'm hardwired, running OpenATV 6.1.
Sorry to awaken an old thread but did you ever find a fix for this?

Back