IPTV Freezing

r0b

Hi

This isn't directly a solo2 problem, more of an enigma2 issue. I have a problem with my IPTV freezing after a while. Sometimes it can be 10 minutes and then can play for a couple of hours. There is no buffering it just literally freezes forcing me to change the channel and back again. I have 2 subs both with the same issue. My broadband is fibre and get around 56Mb down and I have a VPN on. With the VPN on I get around 53Mb down so only a small decrease and it's pretty solid all the time.

I'm running openvix latest build and I'm using extreme editor to create my bouquets. Have tried all usual thing of changing the channels from DVB to 4097/5002. Tried with and without exteplayer3. Changed my line from TS to m3u8. Some channels seem worse than others.

I have a zgemma H9S and have the same issue with that.

Any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

Just an update

I've been using xtream editor plugin to create my bouquets. Tonight I've switched to suls plugin and configured it. So far so good, not had a freeze in a couple of hours.

I don't know why and what xtream does differently but it does seem more stable now. Shame as I like xtream for its flexibility and to sort out channel orders etc. I've been using the override.xml in suls though and it's pretty good.

Cheers

I don't believe the freezing is anything to do with xtream, it happens for me using SULS too.

It seems it's more to do with how enigma2 handles keep alive requests.

Yeah your right alegeek. It was just wishful thinking on my part, it froze again this morning.

This is one of the reasons I don't like running IPTV on E2, because when it freezes you have to manually unfreeze it, as the OP described. With my current setup on Android, if there's a glitch the app will automatically reconnect in 3 2 1 and normal service is resumed. It's just like it was back when I had CS lol.

Yeah it's kinda starting to annoy me too systemlord. Just some kind of feature where it would reset the stream if it freezes would be great.

I made the jump from enigma 2 to Android a couple of months back and the difference was noticeable straight away. Do you have other devices going in the house pc, xbox, tablets etc even though my box is hard wired if I start downloading something on the laptop it sucks the life out of the speed of the box same if my lad needs a ridiculously sized title update for a xbox game the WiFi seems to take over and drain the wired connection. It often is easy to forget that are a lot of factors that can affect your veiwing pleasure.

Use lots of Zgemma/Vu boxes running open atv 6.2 and suls plugin using service app ext3 player and not had any problems. I get the odd freeze now and again but runs very well tbh.

Well since installing suls plugin and uninstalling xtreme I've not had a single freeze. A couple of glitches here and there but it's been solid for the most part. Something about how I had xtreme editor setup wasn't right for sure. Maybe because I had 2 subs on there and then merged?

Have you tried rolling back to an older build?

Was this issue there before updating to the latest openvix image?

Just thinking it may be a glitch in the version you are running, might be worth doing a fresh build or rolling back to an older version to see if this eliminates the issue.

Have you tried rolling back to an older build?

Was this issue there before updating to the latest openvix image?

Just thinking it may be a glitch in the version you are running, might be worth doing a fresh build or rolling back to an older version to see if this eliminates the issue.
These are old posts now,check the dates when posting. Look under new posts or recent posts for the latest posts requiring help.

Back