IPTV help & opinions please

wiseowl

Hi guys. I've been using IPTV on my solo 2 using ipab for about a month now. The problems i have are : 1, when watching a channel it sometimes goes into a loop of repeating a 5 second segment about 2 or 3 times before moving on and then doing it again constantly. 2, channels freezing and having to change channel to get it moving again. 3, timer recordings when the box is on standby. I have had a couple record perfectly but most not. It records nothing at all, or it records for maybe 30 min when the programme was of an hour duration.Or sometimes the audio is about 5 seconds out from the video.
Do others have all these problems or is it my provider, or the solo2, or just IPTV in general. The cs before worked great.
Any opinions or suggestions appreciated.

Hi wiseowl,

1.looping, Your channels looping will be your iptv provider, happens alot with iptv even if you do have a good or bad provider and it doesnt matter what box you have as this will still happen!

2.freezing, Your channels freezing could either be your provider or possibly your internet isnt fast enough for the hd channels causing freezing, I found less freezing on a mag254 and not needing to change the channel over as much!

3.Recording, if an iptv channel freezes during a recording it will not continue the recording as the channel has now froze!
Try recording an iptv channel whilst watching a FTA channel and see if it records ok!
You possibly need to buy a multiroom sub if your trying to record iptv channels as this is seen as 2 subscriptions by some iptv providers!

Ive a vu+ solo 2 and a mag 254 and the mag streams iptv better than the vu+.
But i still prefer the vu+ because of the many options you have like recording, iptv player plugin, ts media,FTA from your dish and the many channels still available from card sharing!

Hi ConSean, Thanks for the reply.
My download speed is a stable 37-38 Mb so i would think that's not the problem.
You might be right about the multi sub but on the other hand I've recorded a couple of movies which have been perfect !
Like you say , the vu+ solo2 is a great box but now the cs option is over its knowing how to go forward.
I think I'll have to try some more providers and see if I can improve things. Cheers

Back