iptv on firestick

Good Morning!

Can any one provide any updates or insight on STBemu or a similar solution on the new Fire TV 4k?

STBemu opens and can be configured but when attempting to load the portal it crashes. "Digital STB" is available as an app on my Fire TV Stick but not the new Fire TV 4k. I sideloaded it to the Fire TV 4k and had similar results as I did with STBemu.

A Google search sent me to a thread on Reddit where it was being discussed that this issue with STBemu is a result of the Fire TV 4k being a 64 bit device but the Fire TV Stick is a 32 bit device which is why STBemu works on the Stick.

Are others having similar results with the new Fire TV 4k or is there another solution out there?

Thank you kindly,

- Audi.

Hi Audi,

I'm running smart iptv on my amazon 4k, it's a one off £5 charge but very stable app.

Use the link below, very easy to set up.
http://siptv.eu/news/

Good Morning!

Thank you for the response. I took a quick look at Smart IPTV. Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that app uses an M3U play list type sub only?

My subscription is a portal utilizing a custom MAC.

Is there a way to use my sub on Smart IPTV?

Thank you again!

- Audi.

I spent most of this afternoon trying to get stbemu to load on the new 4K ftv box it doesn't ,in fact I can't even get it to open when i select launch, shame because it looks great, I'd have bought a stick if I'd known about this issue , i have had to settle for using the siptv app which with all due respect to jameopike is absolutely crap. gutted about this.

apparently , stick is 32bit , box is 64bit and emulator won't work on device with 64 bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your line provider to send you the link via email and paste that into smart iptv web page, iadd your mac address to smart ipv and you are working.

Ask your line provider to send you the link via email and paste that into smart iptv web page, iadd your mac address to smart ipv and you are working.
I have it working mate , the point I was making is , it's crap ' it's crap to navigate through it and it looks awful on the screen , I tried it a couple of years ago and binned it then , now because there is an issue with stbemu and the 4K ftv am stuck with it or perfect player which is even worse.

Good Morning!

Thank you for the response. I took a quick look at Smart IPTV. Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that app uses an M3U play list type sub only?

Thank you again!

- Audi.
To be honest I used the SmartIPTV app on a Firestick for a good while and found that it had epg and glitchy problems. I've switched to STBemu using the same server and no issues. I think that STBemu is a more stable platform, although the interface isn't as slick as SmartIPTV imo.

Yes mate I have an firetv stick sunning on STBemu , happy with it except mine has no epg info in its USA/CA listings , but as I posted above my main box I bought for the lounge TV , firetv 4k the new box , doesn't supports stbemu , I have sent that box back to amazon and am looking for the previous model , firetv 4k rev2.

Good Morning!

Thank you again!

- Audi.
You can put your mag line into a converter to still use it as m3u.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Can I ask which 4k FTV box you have - is it the latest one with HDR? I have the 2nd gen FTV with 4k and stbemu works perfectly on it

Back