IPTV on IPAD

Taylerlee

Would like some advice on the feasibility of using an ipad for streaming iptv and which app to use. My Grandson wants either an ipad or tablet (samsung) for iptv, football manager, netflix and possibly showbox, freeflix + general browsing and social media.
Its for a Xmas present and I have advised him to get a Samsung Tab A 10.5 as I have one and I think its great for all the above. Having said that its his present and he has suggested he may like an ipad as he already has iphone. He is not all that techie and will listen to a reasonable argument on the pros and cons. I have no experience of ipad although from what I have read they appear more limiting than the samsung. He also intends to connect whichever device he gets to his tv. Budget max £300 looking to buy on Black Friday. Thanks in advance.

ipad has limited apps for streaming.
IPTV smarters is now available and alot of providers have a rebranded version of this app.
The usual offical sources will all be fine like netflix prime you tube

Freeflix, showbox, mobdro and any apk will NOT be usable with the ipad.

I would work out the exact requirements first and then go for a purchase. Im in the market for a tablet too mainly for APK's for travelling.

I may be wrong, but doesn't an IPad need rooting for a lot of streaming apps to work? Things like Showbox etc. Guy at work has one and he struggles all the time when trying to find apps that are not on the Apple store.

Samsung Tab all the way for me, so much easier for adding apk files.

ipad has limited apps for streaming.
IPTV smarters is now available and alot of providers have a rebranded version of this app.
The usual offical sources will all be fine like netflix prime you tube

Freeflix, showbox, mobdro and any apk will NOT be usable with the ipad.

I would work out the exact requirements first and then go for a purchase. Im in the market for a tablet too mainly for APK's for travelling.
As I said in my post I have a Samsung tablet and really rate it. The replies so for are convincing me my original preference for him was correct.

I have IPTV Smarters on my ipad it is the best in my opinion m8
Never tried smarters don’t really watch on iPad just put it on there out of curiosity to be honest but will give smarters a look gse is a bit basic to be fair but does the job

I put IPTV Smarters on my daughters ipad works a treat, quite nice as well not having Nicktoons on the tele morning till night :grin:

If you had a VU+ box theres a vu+ app which allows you to view the same channels on ipad thats on your box,but think it would only work with vu.

I’ve got both Smarters and GSE apps on my iPhone and iPad. (Also used VU+ app with my Zgemma). They both work well. In particular, my iPhone connects to a big tv when abroad so I don’t miss out on any live sport.

Back