IPTV on Virgin no sound

hoofy

My mother has a zgemma with wooshbuild on it and a few days ago she told me a film she really wanted to watch had no sound on it. I went round to try and solve the problem, updates, reeboots, check settings etc but all to no avail. Most of the other stuff on IPTV also had no sound, but the odd film did.

I decided to take her box to my house where I have BT BB to see if it was her VM that was somehow blocking the sound and her box was fine at my house. Firstly I reinstalled wooshbuild onto her box. I also decided that while I had the film with sound at my house, I would download the film she wanted to the usb stick on her box so when I took her box back if she still had the same problem with the sound at least she would be able to watch the film from the usb stick.

I took her box back round to her house and she still had the sound problem on IPTV but when I tried the film downloaded on the usb stick it also had no sound. I had checked the recording at my house and it was fine. I have also tried replacing her HDMI lead with a brand now one.

I'm at a loss.

Could someone with VM please confirm whether they are experiencing the same problem please.

BTW. The film in question is Radio Days on the ICE plugin. Also tried and failed on yifi.

Found it on my zgemma but I'll have to go round to my mums tonight to check it on her box. I doubt it will be that as I have reflashed her box to try and solve the problem without success and I'm assuming that setting would be set to yes as default on a new install? I'll try it though.

I'm also going to take my box to her house tonight to see if we still get the problem. Her box is fine at my house, but I need to check if my box if fine or not at her house.

I've now tried changing the ac3 settings but that didn't work, either off or on. I've also taken my box to my mothers house and it experienced exactly the same problem, so I think that's ruled out a problem with the box or the settings. I've reebooted the router and I've also changed the lead that goes between the router and the zgemma.

One thing I've failed to mention. When I try the film on IPTV I do hear the sound for a maybe half a second, but then nothing. If I stop the film and then start it again, I hear for another half second and then nothing again.

I really don't know what else to try. Could it be the TV? Could it be something to do with VM blocking something? I've switched off child safe and virus safe on the VM account and that hasn't made any difference.

Is there someone who's with VM who would check theirs for me? The film is Radio Days on the ICE plugin. There are plenty of other films we have the same problem with but that one is a good one for a test, I think.

I'm thinking 5 minutes of messing with the TV settings followed by a factory reset if I haven't already found the problem.

Then I'll be looking at taking my small TV down to my mums and trying that.

Innit.

I'm thinking when/if we do get it working will the film be tarnished in some way which ruins her enjoyment of it.

Not just about that film though. I'd say 60 or 70% of the films have no sound.

Back