IPTV on VM

Azim91

Hi all,

sorry if this has been asked before. I had IPTV on my samsung smart TV and I was on Talktalk. I have just switched to Virgin and the app and channels are not working. It just says connect failed (although I can see all the channels). Anyone know if virgin block IPTV?

PS: I've turned off all filters and websafe features.

Which iptv app are you using on your Smart tv, Stb emu or smart iptv.
Try rebooting your router ie turn it off by pulling out the power cable for about 1 minute and then turn your TV off completely power socket then when lights are all on your router switch the TV back on see if it works then.

I am using smart IPTV. I uninstalled the app and tried. I had an Asus router before connected to a BT openreach modem. I wanted to keep my asus router so I decided to make the Virgin Superhub 3 into a modem and am still using the asus router. I'll restart and give it a go and let you know. Thanks

On the smart iptv app website did you check the box keep playlist online?
Best to do this has channel list can fill up memory in some tvs.

restarted... no luck..

And i didn't upload a channel list. it was done by a provider I bought the IPTV subscription from.

That don't sound good mate? Has you can go on the website to smart iptv and put your m3u line in then check keep playlist online then restart app and away you go. How long have you had it working mate?
So did you send him your mac address of your TV?

if you changed internet providers
your box will have a different ip address now (MAC address)

so contact your iptv and get them to set you up again

Last edited:
brilliant. Cheers. I will contact him and find out. Thankyou all for your help. I'll keep you guys posted.

If you asked your IPTV provider for a m3u line you can do it yourself by going onto there website and putting you line in on there then check the box keep playlist online. You wont have this issue in the future.

Go on the app and press red button,check if the MAC address has changed,if so send your Mac to your provider

Is there any reason why the mac would have changed thought it always stayed the same? Only difference usually is when you use wired to wireless but you use the main mac address.

Is there any reason why the mac would have changed thought it always stayed the same? Only difference usually is when you use wired to wireless but you use the main mac address.
Yep agree but can sometimes change if you change internet provider and if you reinstall app. Not always but does sometimes happen

in theory a mac should never change on your tv. i personally have never seen this happen. i doubt virgin has blocked your supplier i would contact your supplier they will normally sort it out.

Back