IPTV Openbox VX Android

Hi mate.

Im thinking if getting this box how do you rate it? Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Get the vx2 for a fiver more. I've had no problems with it, runs IPTV as good as any mag box. Plus you can install your VPN apk straight on the box if you need to use it.
I put terrarium on it and get anything I need now.

Hello all, excellent reviews on openbox VX
I got mine this week, but I seem to have everything wrong with stb with no clue.
I setup the stb correctly, but when I lunch, I get errors and black screen
"cannot start remote control services. No compatible network interface found"
The box is connected via wired and online. but stb doesnt seem to be coming on.
can someone out there help me?

yes, the portal is added, and the vendor confirmed mac is setup...
I use two boxes for this client. The MAG250 works. the STB emulator on the VX doesnt. So I have a specific problem on the stb.

Hi,
I did a reset, and reconfigured as with the instruction. Still back to the error message "cannot start remote control services. No compatible network interface found" and the black screen. Either there is a setting issue or specific problem with the box.
It doesnt seem stb is loading.

Hello zubairhussai,
thank you so much for your assistance.
I changed the configuration to Wifi now, and it works. It seems there is connection problem using wired internet? Still need to troubleshoot why this is not working when wired.
BB

this is in Belgium, proximus.

but I dont think it is isp issue. I have used the same isp to connect wirelessly. its only that if I connect via ethernet cable, it doesnt work.
perhaps I need to juggle some network settings for wired connection.

BB

Hello zubairhussai,
thank you so much for your assistance.
I changed the configuration to Wifi now, and it works. It seems there is connection problem using wired internet? Still need to troubleshoot why this is not working when wired.
BB

I must admit I've also been having problems with the ethernet on this. Using the cable, doing a speed test, I'm only getting around 2-4mb and it takes forever to load stbemu. When it eventually comes on it is running too slowly to work properly.
Change to wireless and it's running at 40mb and perfect.

Did anyone get anywhere with any answers for this?

Thoughts on the best app for using IPTV on the openbox VX ?

Perfect player seems slow clunky to me, wired connection

When carrying out a speed test I get max speed through wired connection but only half the speed on wifi

Last edited:
There are definitely issues with this box regarding the lan port. I can only run this through wireless now as the wired connection is horrendously slow.

Thoughts on the best app for using IPTV on the openbox VX ?

Perfect player seems slow clunky to me, wired connection

When carrying out a speed test I get max speed through wired connection but only half the speed on wifi
Cant you use the stb emulator app for iptv?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Same issue with STBemu on this box with regards to the error message.
Perfect Player is what I use for IPTV, takes a solid 2-3 minutes to load up each time though! Only had a sub for it for a few days, however the box did restart automatically restart a few times yesterday???

Happy using other andorid apps on it without any issues (iPlayer, showbox etc)

Back