IPTV PLAYER?

Hi,
I downloaded wooshbuild for a zgemma 2S & Star S, flashed both boxes, got them up and running as they should, then run IPTV player, installed all updates, rebooted,, went to watch movie, got into a minute of it, it then froze putting this message on screen "There is no codec present that can handle the streams codec type" Code 6",
the boxes would not let me escape out of IPTV, had to cut power to boxes & restart them, I have fibre broadband and its running fine,
any ideas? anyone having the same fault?

ps,
also tried openvix and got same problem.

Last edited:
I think you need at least a H2s as I used to use star 2 s boxes and they struggled with iptv player.Have you tried removing iptv player,re-install ,then update..Failing that
use a usb drive into the back of the box and download the file rather than stream from the source itself.

make sure your broadband supplier is providing you with the speed you pay for - many dont - i am meant to get 38meg - as long as its over 20 my iptv holds up - however when it goes below that "glitching" starts - the lower it goes the glitching gets increasingly worse - gets so bad at times i switch to ordinary telly - btw i am not the sharpest tool in the box on iptv - lol

@bwuddywabbit
You may need to run an older version of wooshbuild to solve this.
There are bits that openatv have put into the updates that the older boxes don't like.
I could not solve this on an old 2s but reflashed an older version and was then ok.
If you want to try this route then post here and i will put an older version link up for you.

I think you need at least a H2s as I used to use star 2 s boxes and they struggled with iptv player.Have you tried removing iptv player,re-install ,then update..Failing that
use a usb drive into the back of the box and download the file rather than stream from the source itself.
Yes, tried the above got nowhere, even F.T.P. older version of iptv player into box,
thanks for the info tho

Back