IPTV - Script or M3U?

jazz

My IPTV service uses a script and requires 'Putty' to get it up and running. However the provider keeps changing the script and the box needs to be updated with a new script, which is a pain because the box is for a mate and I need the box to do the updates.
There is an option to use a m3u file instead of a script, any idea if this option would be better?

Easy fix there buddy, Get your Mate to do it himself, he is gonna have to learn how to do this and as hard as it sounds, he has to learn.
Show him, and then that takes the pressure off your hands
Or, use Extreme TV Plugin, XC Plugin or a Custom Bouquet that will make use of the M3u like and also XC plugin
Loads of Methods..
Good Luck!!

Use XTREAMeditor

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

The Poor guy is Struggling with Putty and Script already, so to put this on to him would be Un-fair.
I Imagine his supplier does not offer XTREAM editor, if he had this as an option to his Punters, he would be offering it to them all, rather than a Script he has to run all the time.
Not many providers offer this Service, and for a Reason, ££ Among other reasons...

I showed my mates how to use putty and how to add the script. Its just easier than going round every 5 minutes. Like mbull said they will learn if you show them. All I do now is email them the new script and alls good

U can use teamveiwer on laptop to do it don't have to go round to him then plus he can watch how u do it and learn how to do it himself

you want a bouquet ipk with epg importer,it is the easiest option I think,i couldn't be arsed with all the messing about changing this that and the other just to watch tv,

Back