IPTV subs - is it worth it?

Mouldy

I've been seeing people asking for IPTV subs and wondering if it's actually worth it with all the free IPTV add-ons available in KODI? Is the quality and reliability of the channels much better than say i4atv (IPTV Stalker clone)? Are we talking Netflix standards? What are the benefits of a sub?

I'm not looking to buy an IPTV sub so no need for people selling their services to comment on how amazing it is :p. Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, I'm brand new and ignorant!

Must say I tried an IPTV sub and was underwhelmed.

The performance on my Zgemma 2s was unusable(stuttering after 20 sec) and the content didn't offer very much of note to me.

I want to be convinced that its worth the subs,but it seems that kodi is good enough for what i want (epl 3pm games)

Using it on something like a dedicated Mag250 box and its worth it but you need a decent supplier picture quality is about as good as SD some better than others

I found using Kodi is excellent, but I guess it depends on the provider, mine has HD etc and runs really well. No probs.

do you actually pay someone a Sub for something on Kodi as most people just use the free addons like UK turks,phoenix and the like for the free streams ok not 100% reliable but free all the same, the Providers on the Mag250 you actually pay like a sat/cable sub and they are far more reliable than the free kodi ones

I pay subs......but it is useful as I travel for work and as long as I can get internet at about 2mb/p/s it works fine in SD but needs to be up to about 5 or 6 for HD. So pretty good I reckon....

I have to agree tried it on my zgemma 2s and it's just too frustrating-like you i only want it for the 3pm kick offs and although it's not the best on kodi its better than local radio commentary

The performance on my Zgemma 2s was unusable(stuttering after 20 sec) and the content didn't offer very much of note to me.

I want to be convinced that its worth the subs,but it seems that kodi is good enough for what i want (epl 3pm games)

I have to say I have had no problems and the service has been bang on........going to try to use a PI for my TV to run KODI and see how that does...

Similar experience,1400 channels!!, but Transcendental Meditation in Swahili doesn't do much for me, "HD" channels are worse than Kodi at 1mb. 'Jerkorama' at its finest

I have 100mbp connection, so was appalled by quality, and yes it is/was a paid sub. Just for a month...Thankfully.

Just my experience - recently paid for an annual sub. Payment went to china.. not sure if I should have been surprised by that or not! But as Ronny commented; a bit underwhelmed by the quality.

Variety is certainly there, as are 3pm's, American sports and plenty of international channels.
Quality of mine is only really good enough for small screen devices. I've limited my use of it to mobile - works well out and about - if on unlimited data plans.

Had my iptv sub for about a year now , used it on amazon firestick and more recently on my zgemma h2s, the sub I got must be far superior to to what you guys have tried as I get HD streams of all the sports from around the world as well as movie channels and never had any stuttering or buffering. Genuinely really happy with it so my advice would be to try different ones and different devices if you have others and see for yourself as not all suppliers are bad

I've been using a paid sub for 9 months now, in fact have an alternative as well. Main sub is via a Kodi or Android APP and has all the usual UK channels, all HD except movies, US/Canada and over 1000 channels from around the World. Can probably list 30+ channels that show 3pm, many in 720/1080P.
Got a backup sub now which has M3U list so have bouquets setup on Zgemma or use on another TV.

Yes there may be the odd bit of buffering, or a channel may be offline but 99% of the time its very good.

Since subscribing Ive reduced Sly from £80+ to £36 and about to cancel totally now.

Edit - in fact my main sub also includes latest TV shows and films (films are albeit often with KORSUBS or low quality) and 7 day UK catchup TV so its pretty much a total solution.

Last edited:
Back