IPTV the future?

xplizit

hi guys,

with the sky servers going the way they are im just wondering if IPTV is the future and here for the foreseeable?

wouldnt like to get a box and then it get shut down

cheers

First person to ask this

Not really the future, they have already been around for a long time already

ive never had a box but was planning on getting one in 2 months time when my my sly contract ends and i install virgin once again
in the mean time i have gone with a mag box , secondary router flashed with dd-wrt and a vpn service
a good steady reliable line and got everything one would want :-)
one word of warning if you have sky fibre there router is not str8 forward with regards to setting up a 2nd router and vpn service

ive never had a box but was planning on getting one in 2 months time when my my sly contract ends and i install virgin once again
in the mean time i have gone with a mag box , secondary router flashed with dd-wrt and a vpn service
a good steady reliable line and got everything one would want :)
one word of warning if you have sky fibre there router is not str8 forward with regards to setting up a 2nd router and vpn service
Hi i was looking into a vpn,i have sly fibre,but unsure how easy this is to set up,

a good steady reliable line and got everything one would want :)
Hi i was looking into a vpn,i have sly fibre,but unsure how easy this is to set up,

sky have a hidden password that they wont tell you .. not as easy as just entering the router and changing a couple of things
but it can be done . as i did it only last week :-)

T
sky have a hidden password that they wont tell you .. not as easy as just entering the router and changing a couple of things
but it can be done . as i did it only last week :)
i did look into this once,i used a program called wireshark i did manage to extract my user name and password,is this the same way?

T
but it can be done . as i did it only last week :)
i did look into this once,i used a program called wireshark i did manage to extract my user name and password,is this the same way?

i have seen that mentioned and guess that maybe a way yes
but i found maybe even on same site a way to just enter mac serial no . and it gave it yu str8 away
once you have the password and gain entry to your 2nd router with dd-wrt its a piece of piss

i have seen that mentioned and guess that maybe a way yes
but i found maybe even on same site a way to just enter mac serial no . and it gave it yu str8 away
once you have the password and gain entry to your 2nd router with dd-wrt its a piece of piss
Do i need to look into a certain type of router that supports sly fibre,s protocols?

Do i need to look into a certain type of router that supports sly fibre,s protocols?
i just bought a netgear 3700 pre flashed with dd-wrt off fleebay 35 pound
what you require is dd-wrt router
if you cant get one already flashed you can ofcourse do it yurself but make sure from the dd-wrt site that the router you intend to buy supports dd-wrt

i just bought a netgear 3700 pre flashed with dd-wrt off fleebay 35 pound
what you require is dd-wrt router
if you cant get one already flashed you can ofcourse do it yurself but make sure from the dd-wrt site that the router you intend to buy supports dd-wrt
thx millerkev,i will look into it,definetly need a vpn now.

Ok thanks. Getting vm installed this weekend so unsure at the moment which way to go (cable or iptv).

Ok thanks. Getting vm installed this weekend so unsure at the moment which way to go (cable or iptv).
IM SOON TO BE GETTING CABLE TOO (MAYBE 6 WEEKS AWAY YET )
and i will deffo be going cable way with a zgemma h5.2tc the picture on iptv isnt the best ,, yes its ok but cable will be way better

Back