IPTV through openbox

Just loaded a good iptv feed onto openbox v8s and it seems that the web tv plug in will "only " load 2000 links.
If I loaded the whole list includes about 5 to 6 thousand including vod and international channels.
Also unstable probably cos it's wifi connection and not ethernet.
Could be useful to anyone thinking of moving from cs

Hi All,some help needed.I have been sent a test by email in this format
http:/xxxxxxxx.ddns.net:00000/get.php?username=xxxxxx&password=xx&type=m3u&output=ts
Whre do I put the Webtv part and how do I then copy to usb
[xxxxx are to hide the details]
Any help appreciated

I have not done this myself yet but im guessing if you put that line you got into your browser it will download an M3U file.. rename the downloaded file WebTV. put it on your USB and put it into your box. follow the instructions on up the post

OK got it working.Downloaded and saved the file and then went into downloads and changed name to Webtv and loaded onto usb drive.job done.

Yes it can be done you will need WebTv app for your box and to rename your m3u file to web,m3u

Firstly make sure your m3u is named (WebTV.) and put to the root of your usb, Next open up WebTV on you v8s and press the green button to delete all. Then press menu and goto upgrade by usb, change upgrade mode to misc files in place of image and press select and upgrade. you then press ok on WebTV.m3u and you will see a green tick appear next to it, press the yellow button and it will start your upgrade and show that it is complete a couple seconds later. Now go back to WebTV app in the menu and all your channels will now be there.

This worked a treat, is there anyway to have the channel names to be shown? And possibly delete the channels I don't wanna show? Cause I have loads & the V8S is a little unstable running iptv & crashes my box sometimes?

Hi, I have uploaded the webtv file but it just says no channel next to each number. Is this due to access issues from the m3u file provider?

I loaded iptv sub onto a v8s the other day.
Worked surprisingly well.

All you have to do is rename your m3u list - WebTV.m3u
Transfer the file WebTV.m3u to your USB
Insert the USB
Press Menu
Go to Multimedia
Then WebTV
Press Yellow ( Ready by USB )
And it will load up.

Bit of pain navigating the menus but if you press left and right it skips 10 channels instead of holding up or down.
On v8 golden its work or must to convert the file to a .txt format?

im getting an error "read webtv.m3u error".
I was given the m3u link by the provider and pasted it in a txt file
renamed it to WebTV. and even WebTV.m3u
but im getting that error when i try to install it...

Back