IPTV through openbox

It should read it did u follow the instructions a couple of posts back, I was trying for ages but it eventually it work lol...

I don't think so I plugged mine in at the front just make sure the name is just webtv notting else.

is there anything I can do manualy as I don't have access to usb stick any step by step manual info would be great as iam very new to all this

How to make an iptv file for web tv,
Copy & paste iptv list on notepad,
Then click on File, then Save As, change Text Documents to All Files, then name the file webtv.m3u (make sure you type this name in, don't copy & paste it, as it won't work,)
Then press Save & put it on a usb.

3.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:
When your provider send you the m3u file by email,download it and save to yor downloads.Don-t open it.Then go into your downloads,find the file.It will probably say something like "tvchannellistm3u" Rename that to WebTV and send it to the memory stick and follow previous instruction how to load to openbox.Simple

When your provider send you the m3u file by email,download it and save to yor downloads.Don-t open it.Then go into your downloads,find the file.It will probably say something like "tvchannellistm3u" Rename that to WebTV and send it to the memory stick and follow previous instruction how to load to openbox.Simple

What do you do if the provider has emailed the playlist as a link & not as an actual file?
I tried copying & pasting the link given into the webtv file, it reads the file but no channels are displayed / loaded

Posted twice sorry network lag issues lol

What do you do if the provider has emailed the playlist as a link & not as an actual file?
I tried copying & pasting the link given into the webtv file, it reads the file but no channels are displayed / loaded

The m3u list your provider sends needs to be in this format
http:/xxxxxxxx.ddns.net:00000/get.php?username=xxxxxx&password=xx&type=m3u&output=ts
As mentioned download and save it to the downloads folder on your PC.Dont choose the open option.
Then go and find this list in the downloads,right click and rename it WebTV and send it to your usb stick.Then follow instructions in above posts to put into box
For obvious reasons Ive put xxxx in place of the sensitive info.

The m3u list your provider sends needs to be in this format
http:/xxxxxxxx.ddns.net:00000/get.php?username=xxxxxx&password=xx&type=m3u&output=ts
As mentioned download and save it to the downloads folder on your PC.Dont choose the open option.
Then go and find this list in the downloads,right click and rename it WebTV and send it to your usb stick.Then follow instructions in above posts to put into box
For obvious reasons Ive put xxxx in place of the sensitive info.
Ok the provider has sent me the m3u playlist link as text within an email not as a file, the rest of the steps I get and follow, it's converting the link given to me into a file ? Thanks for responding though.

Folks, I recently purchased a V8s, I only watched sly sports and Natgeo channels. As of yesterday, all SS have gone dark as we all know, I guess it will be a matter of time before Natgeo disappears too.
For this IPTV to work, where do I get the m3u file that is being talked about. I bought my subscription (nline) on ebay (separate from box seller). Can I get IPTV to work on what I have or more purchasing is required.

Also, a friend has F3/F5 box, he stills seems to be getting SS channels. How is this possible. I have an old F5 lying around in the shed and if it will work, may be worth searching.

Thanks in advance.

Copy and paste the link to your browser and click enter,and you should have an option to download.Save that to downloads and follow inst. from there.I have done a few openboxes this way and all work ok.The only problem Ive seen is if a stream is not available,the box freezes and only way out is to remove power supply and restart.

Copy and paste the link to your browser and click enter,and you should have an option to download.Save that to downloads and follow inst. from there.I have done a few openboxes this way and all work ok.The only problem Ive seen is if a stream is not available,the box freezes and only way out is to remove power supply and restart.

assuming this is in response to my query, where is the link?

Is there anyway to get IPTV player apps like ICE FILMS etc. like the way they are on the zgemma on V8s? :/

I've set mine up, but there are no channel names? Pretty hard to see which ones are which, especially when there are hundreds!?

Thanks it worked except the stream has buffering/connection issues good thing I got a test first.

Back