IPTV VOD

Ldewson86

Hi everyone, i am after a bit of advice on VOD through IPTV. I have an IPTV package running on an Enigma 2 box (Vu Solo 2) but i cant pause/fast forward the movies from the on demand section. Is this standard functionality when it comes to on demand through IPTV or is there a workaround ? I have tried pressing the left/right arrows and all the buttons relating to media playback (pause/fast forward) but none work.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried pressing record button? I read something about this a a work around.. I think you won't be able to fast forward or some limitation like that. Give it a go.

Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

My IPTV VOD is the same, no way of pausing/fast forwarding.
Don't think fast forward works properly I can't recall properly. I will hunt out the post I read and see what was said.. bare with...

Its a shame if its not possible as it would be real handy for sports replays etc boxing, mma when you want to skip to the main events

"Start recording and once you start the vod, then jump to file list it and watch from the recording. You can then pause and rewind at least."

Taken from post I read it on.. hope it helps a little. This is for VOD. As I thought no fast forward though sorry. It apparently works with xcplugin but not script install etc.

Good luck

I read that you can pause & rewind VOD using other plugins. Like the xc plugin, or a media player. I know for a fact the VOD from my old provider could be paused and fastforwarded on my laptop using VLC VideoLan. Not being able to do so on my zegemma is a failing with whatever player is used as default.

So in theory you could load a playlist of your VOD stuff into a different player that you have installed and watch it via that so you can pause, rewind & fast forward.

Last edited:
PS. If you don't have a m3u playlist you can use OpenWebif to download a playlist based on your VOD bouquet (just click on the little orange TV screen icon shown in attached pic to download playlist for bouquet). Then maybe use filezilla to load it up to your devices media player or xc plugin. Dunno how to do that second part yet tho, have never tried.

Attachments

• m3u-stuff.jpg
    m3u-stuff.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for replies everyone but with help organshappy think I have cracked it. Don't know if I'm just lucky with my device/service but if you follow goashappy's steps I can seek forward on the stream. Might be worth other people trying.
Start playing vod
Press record (I pick to record indefinitely) I then get a pop up saying instant record started.
Go to planner/recording location and play from there. (My file says instant record stream after movie name)
Pause stream and you can seek forward (be careful you don't seek further forward than the length of movie)
Press play

With some luck should play from desired point. You also have the facility to rewind and pause.

Thanks for all your help hopefully it will work for others too

Back